Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man, I hate this new forum
10-05-2008, 07:46 AM,
Man, I hate this new forum
I haven't been on because I basically couldn't do anything in my mobile browser, couldn't even register.

And my device browser can render any site or do anything on http complete, even play youtube flash in an embedded window just like a pc browser, but not on the new forum, I could hardly navigate the forum topics, which was bizarre. The back button didn't work at all, there was no back once I got into a topic. It is basically impossible to browse from my mobile so I won't be able to access this site unless this gets resolved.

I thought it was my mobile browser but this site is whack, who designed it? We need to get rid of the frames, it makes navigating and replying a total hassle and different from any site I 've used, beside that other place, there site is whack too.

Mobile is the future now, so we need to get rid of the frames here.

This forum is such a hassle I won't even bother trying to review threads and participate because almost all MY internet time is done from my mobile.

Maxx was right this is a step back for sure. I love simple for anything, and this site in no longer simple to use and I promise, accessing everything with double scrolling will give you a repetitive stress injury that much faster.

No hard feelings mates, luv you guys, but we need to get rid of these frames here on this forum. :cry:
10-05-2008, 07:54 AM,
Re: Man, I hate this new forum
Try accessing the site through this link:

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.toplace.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=2">viewforum.php?f=2</a><!-- l -->

Should eliminate the frames.
10-05-2008, 08:07 AM,
Brian24 Wrote:Try accessing the site through this link:

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.toplace.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=2">viewforum.php?f=2</a><!-- l -->

Should eliminate the frames.

Nope, it doesn't Smile

Smile
Fred (StealthTJ)
10-05-2008, 08:09 AM,
Nice Brian, that worked great, I didn't feel like digging around the source, thanks a lot!

Just wanted to put it out there, what a simple solution, Ba should change the link on the forum page to link to the link you provided, there's no need to have this forum in multiple frames.

Thanks again Brian! Big Grin

Now thats nice on my mobile!
10-05-2008, 08:10 AM,
Just saw Fred's reply, It's working on Firefox for everything, replying, posting, no more frames.
10-05-2008, 08:16 AM,
:mrgreen: :geek: Working flawlessly on my Nokia N78.

No more frames on my mobile.
10-05-2008, 08:21 AM,
That last post was from my Nokia, works perfect, all the navigation now happens automatically, and smilies work too!

Ba, do some testing, but from my point of view and an end-user standpoint, that is the way the site runs optimally.

My pc browser wasn't even forwarding after posts until I started using the link Brian provided.

Now this site ROCKS!
Just need to figure out why Fred still has frames.
10-05-2008, 08:15 PM,
im not that mad on this forum ,i liked the old one better .the old forum seemed more busy then this one to .ok i no we have to more with the times . but i still like the old one far better
10-06-2008, 08:43 AM,
jake1980 Wrote:im not that mad on this forum ,i liked the old one better .the old forum seemed more busy then this one to .ok i no we have to more with the times . but i still like the old one far better

AGREE... I don't enjoy logging on anymore. There was nothing wrong with the other. I tried the links provided and I STILL have double scroll bars on the right of my screen. P.I.T.A!!!
10-06-2008, 10:00 AM,
What browser/version# you guys Fred and Jeff using?