Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please share your experience with white glue like cleanup
01-08-2010, 04:12 AM,
Please share your experience with white glue like cleanup
Please share your experience with white glue like cleanup time and how messy it is on scalp and lace.
I am planning to use white water resistance, so wanted some tips from the experts.
I have been using ultrA bond and I am fAde up with cleaning the mess. Please let me know other alternatives.

Thanks in advance
01-09-2010, 01:38 AM,
Re: Please share your experience with white glue like cleanup
I use lace release and that helps a LOT with taking the piece off and leaving the glue on my head. I then use a citrus cleaner and remove the glue from my head. I think it can be messy at first but when you have done it several times, you know what to expect and how to make it easy for yourself..
01-09-2010, 06:38 AM,
Lately I peel the unit off my head WITHOUT alcohol, lace relaease, or adhesive removers.

Almost all of the glue comes off on the unit. Then I spray a light mist of adhesive remover on the lace, allow it to soak for about 10 minutes, mirror slide to remove the bulk of the glue, then use a ball of loosely wadded pallet wrap to remove the stubborn residue.

This goes against the grain of conventional removal wisdom, but I find it MUCH easier to remove adhesive from the lace than from my head. Using this method I have virtually zero buildup in the lace, and it cuts my cleanup time in half.
01-10-2010, 04:51 AM,
Some good advice guys. I use tape around the perimeter and white glue at the front. I start from the back and spray citrus and it will eventaully loosen and you can peel from the scalp. I use blue lace tape and find that if I dont keep on longet than a week, the cleanup is quite easy, using mirror slide and the usual process.
I do have a question on the product used for soaking the system to remove tape, I live in Ireland and it is difficult to get anything sent from the US by post. I did use metholated spirits but found that if it wa sleft in this too long it coloured the lace slightly, making the hairline more visible. Any suggestions on how to remedy this and any other suggestions on a solution to use.

Thanks