Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photos - 60%, Forward & Down Ventilation
10-05-2008, 10:15 AM,
Photos - 60%, Forward & Down Ventilation
Hi Everyone,

I know I haven't posted much in the last couple of months, but my new position at work has created a huge learning curve for me and I am also out of town more. I obviously still visit the forum though. I wanted to post some photos of my new style, the specs are: 60%, forward & down, short style ventilation, straight hair, 64# french lace base. I've actually had two of these for a long time but I still had good pieces and was hesitant to change my hairstyle. I've worn for 4 years now and have always ordered right break/part pieces from Toplace prior to these.

Here's what I LOVE about this ventilation/style: with short bangs, I can go with ST-30 all the way around (no more glue), and with "down" ventilation there is NO POOFINESS at all (these photos were literally taken after the first shampoo and cut in). When I had a right break/part glue was a necessity because I exposed about 1/3rd of the hairline. I personally just don't like working with glue at all so this has been great. I know some will notice that my hairline is higher than most, but I am 6'5" and have a very long forehead and face so a lower placement looks ridiculous with my features. I'm also in my mid 30's, so the recession and lower density really work for me. Debbie, Mike and BA have all seen full face photos of me in the past and all commented how natural my appearance is with a piece. (Unless they were all just being nice! ha, ha) Anyway, I just wanted to show what this ventilation/style looks like. Hope everyone is doing well.

Eric

[Image: forward6.jpg]

[Image: forward3.jpg]

[Image: forward4.jpg]
10-05-2008, 11:37 AM,
Re: Photos - 60%, Forward & Down Ventilation
Just looks so natural Eric, Right density,Right amount of recession,Positined in the right spot, The right style to suit you.

I can add no more its just natural.
10-05-2008, 02:37 PM,
I'm sorry, but I don't believe you when you say you're wearing a hairpiece.

Wink
10-05-2008, 03:50 PM,
Eric;
you've outdone yourself. this looks very natural . You have always had a knack for choosing the right density to suit you. absolutely fabulous. I agree with hair-e, nobody in a million years would pick this out as a hairpiece.
DebbieS.
10-05-2008, 04:16 PM,
That doesn't look like a hairpiece, Eric.

Really good job.
10-05-2008, 07:29 PM,
Friggin awesome! You've nailed it! So natural looking. The low density is the key here for sure. I've dropped my density down 5% on my next order & I'm hoping that will allow me to have a dry style & not have to have a wet style in order to create a more natural density look. Colour is the big issue when having a dry style though. Have you got a stock colour in these pics or is it your custom sample?
10-05-2008, 08:11 PM,
looks great eric
10-06-2008, 02:59 AM,
These photos underscore the importance of matching the density of the unit to the density of your sides and back. When done right the transition is seemless and Eric certainly has nailed this. Great job Eric.
John
10-06-2008, 03:48 AM,
I agree with John. I think the most important thing is to match the density with your sides and back. That's what always gives it away (provided you don't have one of those really bad toupees): the thick, healthy looking hair on top and super fine hair on the sides and back. I think it's super important to show a little scalp. At least in my opinion.

Those pics look great, incredibly natural. You look like someone with fine hair, fine meaning thin. But a hairpiece? Ha, not in a million years.

This hairpiece, if shown to joe public, would crush people's myths about "rugs". nice job man
10-06-2008, 05:26 AM,
Thank you to all of you for the comments, it's greatly appreciated. As for the question about my color, it is matched to my hair sample that I sent in. In my opinion, this is the only way to go. I used to order from the color ring, but I could never get it right. The factory is incredible about matching not only your base color, but the secondary colors. I have a very small amount of red and gray hair mixed in with my medium brown, and they always end up getting it right.

I also want to thank the person that posted a while back on the old forum about the "down" ventilation. I absolutely love the fact that this ventilation is "broken in" from day one. Obviously with my lower densities I didn't have a LOT of "poof", but the break in period was still there before it would lay down properly. I used to always wear my new pieces under a hat for the first couple weekends after the initial cut in to try and shorten the break in period.