Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can i Clipper my own hair?
10-07-2008, 12:41 AM,
Can i Clipper my own hair?
Clippered (or buzzed) back and sides have always suited me (with the hair longer on top), and i was hoping to carry on with this style with a hairpiece.

I was thinking if i get my hairpiece cut in by a stylist but have all my own hair clippered to the same length. So that on a weekly basis i could just set my clippers to number 5 and buzz away.

would this allow the hairpiece to blend in to my hair well enough :?:
10-07-2008, 02:02 AM,
Re: Can i Clipper my own hair?
yes , of course you can cut your own hair. many do it. you will have to blend with blending shears your piece hair into your own hair.......you simply use the blending shears on the very ends of the hairpiece hair and your own hair right where the two meet.
DebbieS.
10-07-2008, 03:45 AM,
DebbieS. Wrote:you will have to blend with blending shears your piece hair into your own hair.......you simply use the blending shears on the very ends of the hairpiece hair and your own hair right where the two meet.
DebbieS.

Debbie. Will a razor comb work as well as blending shears?
10-07-2008, 10:55 AM,
Hi Debbie!

There's something I'd like to know. Here's what I found on some website about the cutting and blending technique :

- Thin the hairpiece one inch from the material base, being careful to thin only approximately ten percent of the hair. Make sure to use a pair of thinning shears when doing this.

- Move slightly further from the material base and repeat the thinning process, thinning about another ten percent.

- Repeat the process after moving about ½ to 1 inch further away from the material base.

- Feather in the entire length of the hairpiece using this method.

What do you think about this method ? Is it how we should proceed in order to get a perfect blending, or should we just do as you said, and feather the very ends of the hairpiece hair and our own hair ?

Thanks Debbie Big Grin
10-07-2008, 02:23 PM,
I would only use the above technique if you want 1" hair all over your hairpiece. thinning shears should be called blending shears as that is the only thing they are good for in my opinion. the above instructions will remove some bulk, but the hair coming out of the base will still be the exact same....therefore, its not really thinning anything out now is it?
Not if you want more scalp showing and less hair.
use the thinning shears for blending only. use them on the very ends of the hair shaft.
to effectively thin out a hairpiece, the hair must be pulled out from the base. so if you have a sfs piece, I would not recommend this as you can easily tear the base.
its best to order the appropriate density to begin with of course.
to answer the above question, yes you can use a razor comb, but if you are new to this, I HIGHLY recommend using the blending shears as you are much less likely to make a mistake.
DebbieS.