Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about razor comb
10-07-2008, 09:40 AM,
Question about razor comb
Is the razor comb a good enough tool to blend a hairpiece in with your own hair?

Should I buy some thinning shears as well?

Thanks
Brian
10-07-2008, 02:26 PM,
Re: Question about razor comb
if you are new to this, I recommend using the blending shears. if you are an old pro, go ahead with the razor comb., but it is easier to make a mistake with the razor comb.
DebbieS.
10-07-2008, 04:49 PM,
At the next convention we will make a video of using both the thinning shears and the razor comb.
10-08-2008, 04:38 AM,
Is there a difference in types of thinning shears? The ones I got from a beauty supply store have a fairly coarse cut, it was the only type that they had.
10-08-2008, 06:38 AM,
I am no expert, but i believe the more teeth on the scissors the better. I believe the more teeth the less hairs will be cut. The point of the sheers is to cut some of the hairs and not others. a plain scissor has no teeth, so it cuts 100 percent of the hairs in a straight line. the more teeth the more hairs can be spared from being cut, so you will get a more even blend. Debbie can give u better info then me. but this is what i think. could be wrong.
10-08-2008, 12:06 PM,
right on, xeon!!
DebbieS.
10-09-2008, 10:07 AM,
I just ordered both a razor comb and thinning shears from Debbie's website. I'd like to save money and long journeys to the hairdressers by doing my own hair maintenence. Which is the best for taking the bulk out of my hair but leaving the length?
10-09-2008, 01:47 PM,
both can be used for removing bulk. just use the razor comb VERY gently ....remember, you can always take more hair out later but you cannot put more back in. (without it being expensive)
do not use the shears near the scalp (base). you will end up with little short hairs everywhere. use mid shaft to ends only.
take it slow and easy. don't be in a rush and you should be fine.
DebbieS.
10-10-2008, 06:16 AM,
DebbieS. Wrote:both can be used for removing bulk. just use the razor comb VERY gently ....remember, you can always take more hair out later but you cannot put more back in. (without it being expensive)
do not use the shears near the scalp (base). you will end up with little short hairs everywhere. use mid shaft to ends only.
take it slow and easy. don't be in a rush and you should be fine.
DebbieS.

Thank you for the reply Debbie Big Grin
10-10-2008, 07:47 AM,
One question i can add, my razor come has two different cutting sides.. one is arced with big teeth, and one has more teeth.. with a straight angle which side to you recommend