Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody else try the "Temporary Skin" method on lace?
10-07-2008, 04:15 PM,
Anybody else try the "Temporary Skin" method on lace?
Unfortunately, I have some issues with my skin, and it prevents me from wearing my full cap beyond 4 days or so at a time. Besides that, I can't get much more than that due to adhesive breakdown.

I kind of stumbled on something that helps alleviate my skin problems and makes wearing quite a bit easier and more comfortable for me.

What I started doing is attaching tape directly to the perimeter of the lace, using the Walker No-Shine for the hairline and temples, and blue liner, ST-30, Supertape, Pro-Flex. No-Res.....basically anything that sticks well to lace. Then at night I gently peel the entire piece off my head and do a quick clean and disinfect with some alcohol and a microfiber towel (including the tape).

The next morning I simply put one thin coat of white glue on the tape and stick it right back on.

It's as strong or stronger than day one, and I can get away with doing this for several days at a time before I actually remove the tape and start over.

If I need to leave the piece on overnight....no prob, but I have the option of taking it off to clean my scalp and let the unit rest overnight to avoid unnecessary wear and tear. Win/win.

One last benefit- the cleanup couldn't be easier. simply soak the tape in some alkie and I'm done.
10-07-2008, 07:27 PM,
Re: Anybody else try the "Temporary Skin" method on lace?
I kinda do this but without changing every night. I just find it way easier to use tape & not put glue directly onto the lace. I use ST30 all around except for the front where I use Walkers no shine, I find I can expose the hairline quite well with this tape. If I need to I'll gently peel front up clean with alcohol & rebond with one thin layer of glue & back down. Get a super strong hold, good undetectability on hairline & no messy glue on the actual lace.I was going about 2 weeks this way but now with the weather heating up I go 7-10 days just so the tape comes off easy & clean with no residue to clean.