Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ways to reduce curl on lace piece?
10-08-2008, 04:17 AM,
Ways to reduce curl on lace piece?
Any suggestions? I've heard there are chemical relaxants that can be used...any that won't fade the hair too??

Thanks
10-08-2008, 04:32 AM,
Re: Ways to reduce curl on lace piece?
If it is a new system, I'd suggest washing and styling a few times as often the curl will relax naturally. I've had systems that were all ringlets new, and became straight after wetting and styling. And if it hasn't been cut in, the curl will be much less obvious when cut short. You can also use a blow dryer when styling, this can impart some "memory" to the hair. For the "poofiness" I've worn a cap for a while to get it to lay down.

It is tricky to perm system hair, and can cause shedding.
10-10-2008, 03:45 AM,
Anyone know of a chemical relaxant I can use to reduce the curl?? Thanks
10-10-2008, 05:42 AM,
I've used a clothing steamer brush (handheld electrical appliance, holds a litttle water, squirts steam out from around a flat brush attachment) a couple of times to reduce excessive waviness and curls out of both human and synthetic systems. Works fine, and so far I've seen no signs of permanent damage as long as you don't over-do it.

Here's mine at Amazon (though not currently available), so you can see what I'm talking about:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.com/Rowenta-DA-55-Clothes-Steamer-attachment/dp/B000XS5H4S">http://www.amazon.com/Rowenta-DA-55-Clo ... B000XS5H4S</a><!-- m -->
10-11-2008, 07:22 AM,
Thanks for the tip. Any other suggestions?

Also any suggestions on doing the opposite? Any out there have to perm their piece themselves?
10-14-2008, 03:48 AM,
I have permed a couple of times, one piece that I left it on too long shed like crazy afterwards. It is my understanding that you use the same perm product to straighten hair, just apply it and comb the hair straight.