Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overall thinning hair - full cap vs topper -questions/photos
01-13-2010, 09:07 AM,
Re: Overall thinning hair - full cap vs topper -questions/photos
JRob Wrote:There are still some kinks in the manufacturing process for men's full caps. The most common problem is improperly ventilated temples. If you are wearing a longer style this isn't nearly as much of an issue, but if you are cutting the hair short or even down to an inch or two it can become a real problem.

The other issue that can happen with any hairpiece is improper density. It's not a science. Sometimes they get it right, sometimes it's a little off and you can work with it, and on rare occasions it is way too thick or too thin.

John is good about getting a unit remade if the specs are too far off to work with, but unfortunately it takes quite a while to make one of these so you should have two useable units before you start to wear, and as soon as you get up and running with your first unit you need to order at least one more to make sure you always have something in the pipeline in case you end up with a unit that has to be remade.

Your first couple of units might not last as long as future units, but if you order an all french lace base and care for the hair properly, you can probably get a year maybe even more out of two units.

Shouldn't it be possible for John or the folks from other hairpiece companies to request directly to the factory that the ventilator should pay the needed attention to temple ventilation?

Currently I cannot afford to immediatly buy two units, and order another unit as soon as I receive the first too. I think my best bet will be to buy one full cap made to custom specifications, request Debbie for a cut-in, receive it, apply gel or something to my thin hair so that it doesn't occupy much volume, and see how the full cap looks on me. In case I find it acceptable, and know it will look better with my hair shaved, then I'll take the plunge, order the second one, and shave my hair when I have two units with me. What do you think of this?

Messages In This Thread
Re: Overall thinning hair - full cap vs topper -questions/photos - hairze - 01-13-2010, 09:07 AM