Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overall thinning hair - full cap vs topper -questions/photos
01-13-2010, 08:43 AM,
Re: Overall thinning hair - full cap vs topper -questions/photos
hairze Wrote:
JRob Wrote:3- Is it possible to try a topper/full cap without shaving my hair, and make sure it will look good, until I take the plunge for the shaving?

Not really. I would order two full caps and when they arrive make sure the specs are good before you proceed. There are a few critical areas that will determine whether they are useable, and if you post pics or a short video I can tell you if they are going to work. As soon as you get two good units, shave it all off and go for broke.

Thanks a lot for your help JRob!

What do you mean with checking if the specs are good? If I do a custom proper template (by following the tips in your site for exemplo), and get debbie to cut-in the piece, is there still a possibility that the piece will be useless, after spending 350 dollars on it?!

There are still some kinks in the manufacturing process for men's full caps. The most common problem is improperly ventilated temples. If you are wearing a longer style this isn't nearly as much of an issue, but if you are cutting the hair short or even down to an inch or two it can become a real problem.

The other issue that can happen with any hairpiece is improper density. It's not a science. Sometimes they get it right, sometimes it's a little off and you can work with it, and on rare occasions it is way too thick or too thin.

John is good about getting a unit remade if the specs are too far off to work with, but unfortunately it takes quite a while to make one of these so you should have two useable units before you start to wear, and as soon as you get up and running with your first unit you need to order at least one more to make sure you always have something in the pipeline in case you end up with a unit that has to be remade.

Your first couple of units might not last as long as future units, but if you order an all french lace base and care for the hair properly, you can probably get a year maybe even more out of two units.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Overall thinning hair - full cap vs topper -questions/photos - JRob - 01-13-2010, 08:43 AM