Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overall thinning hair - full cap vs topper -questions/photos
01-11-2010, 11:41 AM,
Re: Overall thinning hair - full cap vs topper -questions/photos
If you could go with a bit longer hairstyle, you may get by with the full size topper - that is, 8" x 10". With the curl of your hair, if you can match that then somewhere around 4" - 5" length will cover your thinning sides and back. The curls will blend together, I used to wear my hair this way until it got so that it won't grow enough. I would suggest that if you can afford it, buy a stock system and experiment with it. They come in 8" x 10" usually, most cut them down. French lace with a poly perimeter is a good system to start on. You can plaster your hair down under the system with hairspray, and attach with Red Liner or other tape. You may need to color or perm it to match, but you can learn a lot without making the commitment of shaving underneath. It won't look as good as when it's shaved underneath, but you can get a better idea of how it can work for you. When you're ready, I'd advise you get at least two systems cut in and fitted before going full time with it.

I would say that your hairline looks good enough to leave a strip in front and attach the system behind, but from reports of those who have done so it's pretty difficult and seldom worth the effort. Many here said they ended up shaving off the front hairline, even some who had transplants there.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Overall thinning hair - full cap vs topper -questions/photos - wesb - 01-11-2010, 11:41 AM