Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overall thinning hair - full cap vs topper -questions/photos
01-09-2010, 11:48 AM,
Re: Overall thinning hair - full cap vs topper -questions/photos
The photos with your concealers look really good. If you can manage that look and not mind the time and money invested, then I say stick with it until you absolutely cannot anymore (i.e., once concealers don't give you good results).

In wearing, here is a realistic statement: you will NEVER be 100% normal or 100% worry-free regarding your hair. Once you wear, you will realize there is a whole different set of "worries/paranoia" that will run through your head.

In the time you will spend wearing a piece: as a beginner, you will face challenges. Frustration, worrisome, fear, and a whole lot of other other negative feelings is almost guaranteed. Once, you get used to the wearing game, it will be easier. Once you master it, wearing will be wonderful and possible you can achieve that normalcy you wanted (even though it'll be at 90% or so). If you are NOT the type that is (1) up for challenges, (2) keep your sanity when things get difficult, and (2) willing to learn, then hair wearing might not be for you. In this game, you need to be flexible and improvising.

I will hold off in giving you my opinions on whether you should get a topper or a full cap. Think about what was said above first, before we move on. I know how all this is eating away at you (most of us have been through what you're feeling), but try not to worry about it too much. If hair loss one day drives you absolutely crazy, all you have to do is google people without eyes, noses, limbs, etc., it's not to look at people less fortunate to make us feel better, but it's to make us realize how fortunate we really are.

Hope this helps a little. In my opinion, your concealers looks great.

Leamon

Messages In This Thread
Re: Overall thinning hair - full cap vs topper -questions/photos - leamon - 01-09-2010, 11:48 AM