Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
loss of sideburn hair
10-14-2008, 12:12 AM,
loss of sideburn hair
Has anyone found a way to conceal the skin that shows thru from scalp in temple/sideburn area? Over the past three years my side hair in the front has thinned tremendously- creating a whole new dilema. I have loss of hair over both sideburns that looks like bald spots or mistake with clipper cut. I'm not sure I want to start using a powder concealer (never tried). What about an eyelash enhanced? can that be dragged thru the hair to stain the skin?
10-14-2008, 02:16 AM,
Re: loss of sideburn hair
If it isn't too bad, Dermmatch works great. I still use it to this day to blend a small area above my sideburns that's a little sparse. The thin area is not something that most people would even notice, but it adds the finishing touch. And that's what a concealer should be for- to "touch up".

If you find yourself a slave to the concealers you might want to look at a larger template piece like a 3/4 or full cap. My sides were very thin and I wouldn't be wearing a piece today if it weren't for having transitioned into a full cap.
10-14-2008, 02:26 AM,
JRob......maybe have one of those salons that do permanet makeup for women do you're sideburns ??

johnny/abq
10-14-2008, 02:32 AM,
johnnycs1 Wrote:JRob......maybe have one of those salons that do permanet makeup for women do you're sideburns ??

johnny/abq

For me personally, I'm pretty sure that one day in the (probably very distant) future I will stop wearing and go back to shaving, so I don't want to take a chance on tattoing.

I have thought about the possibility of creating a henna based temporary concealer system. I would love to have something like that myself that would allow me to go for a few days without worrying about touchups, although I don't have much of a problem with the Dermmatch.
10-14-2008, 10:45 AM,
I was facing this problem too. Used the messy concealers for a time, and let the topper hair hang longer at the sides, but it was an uphill battle.

Eventually changed to a full cap that covers temples, sideburns, the lot. Much more effective.

You can "sculpture" the full cap perimeter to your exact requirements in these areas, finely tapering the sideburns, shaping the temple points and trimming in more recession if need be. I generally do this very carefully using two mirrors and some small manicure sissors with the full cap on my head.
10-14-2008, 11:30 PM,
Thanks JRob and Traco. Your advise was useful. Gel