Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i glue
10-15-2008, 08:18 AM,
i glue
how to apply i glue?
10-15-2008, 08:26 AM,
Re: i glue
Apply a thin layer - wait for it to dry.

Apply a second layer and wait for a further 2/3 minutes

Gently lay the lace and apply to the glued area; it will stick. Magic!
10-15-2008, 10:00 AM,
One weird thing about i-glue:
- When you first get it, it has a terrible hold. Lasts like 1 or 2 days then it lifts like crazy...
- After 3 or 4 weeks, the i-glue improves, and gives longer and longer holds. You can now tack it back down and it will hold again...
- After 1 year it will give 7+ days (if the bottle lasts this long)

My thoery on this; exposure to air makes the i-glue thicker. So now, I just leave the bottle open for a night and get it to thicken a bit. Because this stuff is actually terrible when you first get it, so beware!!!
10-15-2008, 10:27 AM,
Mr Burns, I've had the same experience with I glue. But I just thought it wasn't the right glue for my body chemistry and started using another one. I might just give it another try!
Thanks for posting this!!

Regards
10-15-2008, 01:54 PM,
Mr Burns, thanks for your post, I was experiencing lifting quite a bit, especially after a shower. I'll try your tip.

Thx, Parrothead
10-15-2008, 06:17 PM,
I have the same experience. I have a three-year-old bottle of iGlue that works way better than a new bottle. The old bottle holds for a week. The new bottle holds for a day.
10-15-2008, 08:24 PM,
Ditto... I found the same is true ...after I first used it when I received it from Debbie...I thought man this is not going to work...I accidently left the lid off and the next time I used it I thought terrific That's the end to that glue...so I tried it and it held for a week...evEry now and then I leave the top off purposely and it does get better. Cheers
10-15-2008, 11:03 PM,
Cool... glad I'm not the only one to experience the magic and weirdness of i-glue Smile

It's actually both my favourite glue, but also my most hated because when you first get it, it really is terrible! It's like putting water on your scalp...

Then magically it turns into a super-powerful, easy to apply and very "gentle on the scalp"... the perfect all round glue. And if it lifts, you can tack it back down multiple times.

Weirrrdddd..... Smile
10-16-2008, 01:40 AM,
And I'm wondering if basebond doesn't behave the same way!

Regards