Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anybody tape over existing hair?
10-19-2008, 06:54 AM,
Does anybody tape over existing hair?
I just ordered two TL250 systems to see if wearing is for me. For the last 6-7 months I have been on dutasteride and got some regrow, but will give it up due to sexual side effects and because I know I wont be getting the cosmetic appearance I really want.
I still have a decent amount of hair that I feel shaving will just leave me a prisoner of those systems. Does anybody tape over existing hair? Any tips on what to do it succesfully? Best tape to do it with, etc? Clips are out of the question due to traction alopecia...
10-22-2008, 04:44 PM,
Re: Does anybody tape over existing hair?
I did this for a very long time before I started actually wearing. The only tape I would recommend is blue liner tape and/or 3 mil strips for the front. When I first started wearing, I would tape it over my existing hair on the weekends just to get used to my new look and also to see if the general public noticed anything/looked up at my hair, etc. Then during the work week I would switch back to spraying Prothik concealer in my hair until I got my order and cut in just right and felt confident enough to wear to work on a daily basis. I still continued to attach over my existing hair for quite some time because I just didn't want to shave and make the total commitment.

I have emailed back and forth with a couple people that remember me posting about this and it was something that was successful for them as well. One of them had a little too much density on top, so he said he used a little bit of the Got2BeGlued product to flatten his hair down and then he taped the piece over his existing hair. The Got2BeGlued is used by some as an actual adhesive, so it actually gave him even more of a secure hold.

I tried clips on my very first two orders and HATED them, they grab your hair enough that you know they are there and it's near impossible to sleep at night because just laying your head on the pillow makes them feel like they are pulling your hair out. Hope this helps a little.

Eric