Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleaning under the front lace
10-19-2008, 05:33 PM,
Cleaning under the front lace
Those of you who do a multi-week attachment, and use glue for the front lace, how do you clean under the front lace?

Do you use adhesive solvent to remove the current glue? I would worry that trying to do so would make the imminent re-gluing not hold well.

I just did an such an under lace cleaning. I used 99% alcohol to release and to clean my head, and also slid some glossy magazine paper on my head. I cleaned glue off of the lace by doing a mirror slide onto a CD, as described by someone else in this forum a while back. That actually worked reasonably well.

The only reason I did this cleaning was to prevent glue from seeping through the front lace and into the hair, causing the hair in the hairline to bunch together. That seems to happen if I let an attachment go for more than a week. But I'm not convinced that the techniques that I'm using, as described above, really do a good enough job. I still end up with little bits of glue in the lace and stuck in the hair, here and there.

Any suggestions for improvement will be greatly appreciated.
10-19-2008, 06:53 PM,
Re: Cleaning under the front lace
Hi Darius,

I reattach once a week so I don’t know how good my advice can be for you but I can’t imagine myself reattaching if I have not previously done a proper cleaning of my head which for me includes:

- Pure or any solvent to remove the rest of glue
- If you have a little time (15/30 mn), the “Scalp Scrub” from Debbie’s (a recent discovery which works wonders)
- A good shampoo + hot water shower.

To clean the glue off of the lace, I think you’ll be more comfortable using a bigger surface than the one from a CD cover. I regularly use a plastic folder (the shiny ones, otherwise it won’t work as well), but you can also do it against the kitchen worktop in case you have an easy cleaning material there (silestone, etc.).

Cheers
10-20-2008, 04:26 PM,
Hi Pinafore78,

When I do a full reattachment, I use precisely the method that you describe. I know that many people do partial reattachment of just the front hairline, and I'd like to figure out how to do that well. Unfortunately, you can't really stick anything much bigger than a CD underneath the front lace for doing such a mirror slide, when the unit is still attached to your head.
10-20-2008, 06:03 PM,
Hi Darius, If that’s the case (reattaching while the system is in your head), I’m afraid we’re in the same situation. I have not been able to do the sliding thing properly or maybe it has took me so time that I later regretted not to have done a whole reattach instead of a partial one. What I have done in those cases is cutting a small piece of strong plastic folder instead of the CD cover.

Since I full reattach every 6/7 days, what I usually do around the 4th day, is spraying carefully alcohol at the very front, wait a couple of minuts, clean with pure my head underneath, have a shower shampooing the whole system and then reattach with glue again. The whole thing forgetting about mirror-sliding the lace.

I use very thin coats of glue in my attachments so when I do a partial reattachment it looks very good even if the lace hasn’t been 100% cleaned.

Cheers,