Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ST 30 front attachment
10-20-2008, 11:28 AM,
ST 30 front attachment
Ok, I hear such great reviews on the ST 30 tape. I would love some new insight on apply this tape for a front hairline that is mostly exposed with SFS base?

Thanks,

Bobby
10-20-2008, 11:49 AM,
Re: ST 30 front attachment
Basically two general methods if your going to use the tape by itself. 1 is to cut the tape into small pieces, or small tabs, and place it on the front perimeter of the hairline right up to the lace edge. Some recommend blow drying the tape first before u stick it on the piece and/or before you put it on your head.

2nd method, is you mark your hairline the way you would when you use glue. using a make up pencil, finger nail etc.. Then u apply the tape to your scalp. Using the stretching method that has been discussed more times then anything. Do a search on the old forum for ST30 attachment, ull find it in detail. but its generally tacking the tape to your head, pulling off the backing inch by inch, while pulling/stretching the tape to fit the contour.
10-20-2008, 12:38 PM,
Xeon< Are you using the ST30 with success?
10-20-2008, 04:20 PM,
No, for me personally, I rather use contour tapes for the front hairline, being that i have a very irregular shape. also the look at the front didnt look as good for me as the blue liner tape. I tried the stretching technique, although simple in principle, i never really got the hang of it. always felt like i had a rubber band around my head or something. but with all the great reviews, I think i might try it again.

Another reason why I am not using it, is a few of my pieces have poly perimeters. and i was under the assumption that this tape would be way too strong for poly, but i hear people are using it on poly. So maybe i need to re think things.