Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shampooing
10-21-2008, 05:54 AM,
Shampooing
I understand that some people wear their hair for several weeks at a time.
For those who wear for extended periods of time, how often are you shampooing the actual piece?
Is it pretty much just like shampooing real hair? When it is completely wet, if you look closely, can you see mesh/lace?

`encouraged
10-21-2008, 06:48 AM,
Re: Shampooing
I shampoo about once a week...usually when I detach...If hair is wet from shower my 65% density just looks like scalp...I dont see lace at all...just scalp and hair coming out of scalp.
10-21-2008, 10:12 AM,
Thanks for the response, Wheels. For me, I am thinking that when I eventually begin wearing a piece, that the oil from the scalp on the sides and back would require me shampooing more frequently than just one time per week. Maybe I could just shampoo the sides and back and leave the top alone.

Still trying to figure this all out.

~E
10-21-2008, 01:36 PM,
This is a very important point for myself, I like to get the hair especially the front soaking wet in the shower everyday, same as you would if shampooing it- but you dont have to shampoo, just get it good and wet with warm water.
Tilt your head back and have the water flow in such a manner as to have it slick your hairline back.
This will allow your scalp to be rinsed of most dirt and oil, sweat, etc that loosens your bond.
Do it carefully as the warm water will temporarily loosen the bond, and once you get out of the shower you can gently lift and slick back any stray hairs, use a comb to lightly press the lace at the front to be sure its seated, then use a microfiber wash cloth or (baby wipe) to wipe any excess glue and/or glue sealer down your forehead and away from your hairline.
Once your hair dries, the bond will reharden itself without all the sweat and oil in there, so it`ll be almost like a new front.

On every third day or so, add shampoo & conditioner to this routine for a nice clean scalp.

edited to add-
after the bond rehardens and the hair dries, add a thin layer of lace sealer to the front and after it sets, the front can then be styled however you like, as I know some guys dont want it slicked back.
10-21-2008, 04:04 PM,
Hey guys,

If we used regular shampoo on these things, what does the SULFATE actually do to the TL? Just curious.
10-22-2008, 12:31 AM,
Thanks for the very helpful info M.B.!

`E
10-27-2008, 03:56 PM,
One thing I'll add to this is that I always use a shampoo that is for "color treated" hair. In my personal opinion, it's one of the best things I've done. I have used the Infusium 23 shampoo and conditioner for years (the standard ones), but I switched to the Infusium 23 for color treated hair and it's much more gentle because it's purpose is to clean the hair without stripping the color. I used to have to start using the "ADF" (now called "Back To Natural") after about 3 months or so, but now I rarely have to use it unless I get fade from the sun.