Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do people ever ask why your hair never grows?
10-21-2008, 07:00 AM,
Do people ever ask why your hair never grows?
Ive been considering getting a hair system lately and i would definitely be going for a full cap because my sides and back are thin as hell but there are a few things bothering me.

Assuming you are keeping your hair-wearing a secret to the people around you, wouldnt they wonder why your hair always stays the same length? Has anyone ever had someone comment on this? because it seems like that would be a big thing.

also, how do you go about changing from a thin head of hair or a shaved head to a full head of nice hair? how could you ever pull this off without anyone knowing? do most people know you're wearng but just not say anything?

and if you are open about your hair wearing to people, do they ever comment at innapropriate times or laugh at you about it?

anyway, this is a great website. definitely the best forum on the subject of hair pieces. thanks, i look forward to your responses?
10-21-2008, 09:03 AM,
Re: Do people ever ask why your hair never grows?
It's simple. People never notice those things that hairwearers seem to obsess over.

I work closely with about a dozen people in our office and if one of them had hair that never got longer, I'd never notice that. Why would anyone notice?

If you suddenly went from having hair to having a shaved head overnight, that's the thing people notice. Or vice versa-- very short to much longer, dramatic changes. But worrying about explaining the fact that it doesn't seem to grow? Easy. Your dad/uncle/neighbor is a barber and you're in there a couple times a week for a free trim. Wink

And how to go from thinning hair to a full head? Do it while you're on vacation from the job, school, etc. People don't store that info in their brains for very long. Grow a beard before you add hair, then shave it off when you do. People notice the missing beard and not the additional hair. Tricks like that.
10-21-2008, 09:59 AM,
Never been ask, anf if somebody does, I'll tell him that I bought my own hair cutting kit (robocutter) and that I cut my hair as often as I want.

No problem there for me Big Grin

Regards
10-21-2008, 11:07 AM,
Just say your wife or girlfriend cuts hair and does weekly touch-ups.
10-21-2008, 11:15 AM,
Actually, when you get your growing hair cut and shaped up every few weeks it still gives you that fresh haircut look even though the top length hasn't changed. Altering your style, etc. now and then also helps. Plus, people aren't really paying attention.... I can, and do, swap out pieces with slightly different lengths on a daily basis and I'm sure no one notices.
10-21-2008, 12:41 PM,
As mentioned, short of something really, really drastic, change wise, no one notices your hair.
The only people that obsess over hair are the few (in the big realm of things) that wear hair.

Smile
Fred (StealthTJ)
10-21-2008, 12:45 PM,
heli-tech Wrote:Ive been considering getting a hair system lately and i would definitely be going for a full cap because my sides and back are thin as hell but there are a few things bothering me.

Good move. I was scared at first but it's no-brainer if your sides are gone. If you need help getting the ball rolling email me and I will send you my semi-complete Full Cap eBook for free. I have a DVD coming out but it's going to be several weeks before it hits the "shelves" Sad

Quote:Assuming you are keeping your hair-wearing a secret to the people around you, wouldnt they wonder why your hair always stays the same length? Has anyone ever had someone comment on this? because it seems like that would be a big thing.

I'm surprised every time someone Asks this question because I can't for the life of imagine someone asking me this.

If you are concerned though, there are two ways around this.

1) As someone else already mentioned, change the style. Gives the appearance of length variation without cutting.

2) Have multiple units.

Now I'm a bit on the crazy side, so I flip flopped between a unit that was 1.5" in front to another that was 3+", and nobody batted an eye. You probably don't want to push the envelope like that, but having units of various lengths can be a plus.

Quote:also, how do you go about changing from a thin head of hair or a shaved head to a full head of nice hair? how could you ever pull this off without anyone knowing? do most people know you're wearng but just not say anything?

You would be surprised how little people care about the way you look to even notice. Obviously if you transform overnight, someone's gonna know something is up. But if you can get away with wearing a hat for several weeks or go on vacation, you could pull it off.

Quote:and if you are open about your hair wearing to people, do they ever comment at innapropriate times or laugh at you about it?

Most of my friends know I wear, and no one has said anything to my face. I know one wanker who tried to use it against me because he was jealous of me, but aside from that, no problems. I could give a rats you-know-what anyway.
10-23-2008, 12:06 PM,
Hey,
Jrob its always good to get your insight, seem to be a wealth of knowledge I will be a full cap wearer soon enough, growing my hair out for the first time in two years after sporting a #1 or #2. Currently about 1.5 inch in length and there is more of it than I thought there would be, but it is very thin all over, to the original poster you could try one of the concealers in the weeks leading up, if your worried about the sudden change. There are heaps availlable but for the results you get(minimal, and none in the sun) dont really match teh efforts needed for application, so I'd go with one of the sprinkles like Toppik, its a bit like putting pepper in your hair, but if used correctly can have some moderate success. Works well if your not receeding and just a diffuse thinner, the pictures they use to fill in slick bald areas are absolute BS.
JRob I would love to get a hold of that ebook if possible, I'm holding off until I get back to Melbourne in February but I would love to get a bit of extra know-how, and being a lazy sod i'm looking forward to the DVD.
Cheers
10-23-2008, 06:47 PM,
If you want a sneak peek at the nearly complete eBook email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->.

Keep in mind that it is still in the final tweaking stages and has not been fully edited, but I have already sent it to a couple of people who found it to be helpful.