Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crown and cutting in stock unit
10-22-2008, 06:33 AM,
Crown and cutting in stock unit

I have been having trouble cutting a stock unit to my template...I have a A curvature in the back and when I put my template to the stock unit and cut to my template...the hair in the back is very thin in density and especially on one side because the the hair coming out of the crown is very thin to start with...anyone else have this problem? What could I do to eliminate this problem. Thanks...Cheers
10-22-2008, 10:45 AM,
Re: Crown and cutting in stock unit
this is happening because it just so happens that your template falls right on the crown area. you could move the template some to better position it so that the thin crown part doesn't end up right on the edge of your template.
DebbieS.
10-23-2008, 07:14 AM,
thanks Debbie for the reply... In your opinion would it matter very much if I would move the template say an inch or so over and and try to equal both sides when I cut in ? Would that destroy the effect of the hairline and venting? 'Cheers
10-23-2008, 12:14 PM,
well, it is always "best" if you don't ever have to cut into the hairline, however, I've done it many times out of necessity. perhaps try putting your hair piece upside down on a styro head, place the template over it and move it until it is best situated so that your template isn't lining up in a bad spot on the crown.
you may need to move it more to one side , or back a bit further.
DebbieS.