Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no bleached knots (again)
10-23-2008, 01:21 PM,
Re: no bleached knots (again)
I agree with Xenon. I can say for sure that I have received many many new pieces over the years (including from TL) where the knots arrived much lighter and invisible overall than they are being done these days. And none of those pieces had any particular problem with shedding due to damage from bleach. I think this is probably why, for experienced wearers, it keeps coming up. They do notice some difference from how it used to be.
10-23-2008, 03:30 PM,
Hairline doesn't seem to be too bad but back beyond that the knots can be more visible which, as JRob points out, can be a problem when shedding thins the hair out a lot.

I've dyed a psb full cap to make it darker using a comb through method, and it didn't affect the skin base. Just remember to only leave the colour on for about 10 minutes.
10-24-2008, 05:26 AM,
ONe thing i forgot to add, I only really care about bleached knots at the front hairline. my density is thick enough that the knots on the base dont really matter, and im assuming these knots are much bigger, and probably harder to bleach. People i think become overly fanatical about knots. I was just saying that its possible, But i guess some people in here rather the unit last less time and not be able to see ONE TINY lil knots.

for me as long as the knots are decent at the hairline.. who cares.. who the hell is gonna see them anyway. But factories vary sometimes. I have units perfectly bleached, some not bleached enough.. either way they were all fine for me.
10-24-2008, 07:02 AM,
yes xeon, I agree. the knots are the front are all single hair knots, which means they are pretty darn small to begin with. I understand completely what people are saying, I've been able to take black hair to white (very blonde) and not have it be ruined, but then I've ruined pieces doing the exact same process, depends on the hair etc.
every piece is different........I don't want people to misunderstand me. I WANT the factory to bleach the knots and they SHOULD be bleaching the knots........but I thought there may have been a misconception about what that means. hence, my original post on this thread. looks as though for this poster, it is now a moot point as he has posted again that he was mistaken and that all the knots are bleached after all.
oh well.
wishing everyone well bleached knots. ha ha
DebbieS.
10-24-2008, 07:30 AM,
will the dye not start to wash out though when you wash the piece?
10-24-2008, 12:38 PM,
Homer,

You have to get high quality hair dye. Most of the grocery/drug store products will fade more quickly.

Perhaps Debbie has some suggestions on which products to use?
10-26-2008, 03:23 AM,
Re: no bleached knots (again) - Question for Debbie
Hi Debbie - Question for you. I use the Clariol color, but always throw out so much of the mix, as I only use very little. Is it possible to just use a little of both, the color and the other stuff you pour into the color and save the rest of both for future applications? In other words, open the color , open the other tube, take a little bit of both out, put in a separate bottle, mix both up and use, but store the color & the other tube for future times? If yes, that would save my alot of money. (I thought once opened, you had to use both and then ditch...) Thanks
10-26-2008, 06:11 AM,
absolutely. as long as they are not mixed together and you close the lids tightly, you can use them for future colorings. just mix only what you need and save the rest for later.
DebbieS.
10-27-2008, 05:08 AM,
responding to " I bring this up because someone emailed me about a piece , they said "none of the knots are bleached". so I had the customer send it to me, when I received it, ALL of the knots were bleached quite perfectly, it was just that the customer was expecting to see white or very blonde knots. this is simply not the case.
bleaching the knots on black hair or dark brown hair simply is to lighten the knots, to do so further can cause damage to the hair and then cause shedding."
by Debbie,

I think that when you order the same color hair for years and years and you get back different results (quality of bleaching) it upsets people. If you wait 6 weeks for hair and get it back and find black dots in a grid pattern it doesn't make you feel so good. Most of the time this does NOT happen, but when it does it is nice to get some validation rather than be made to feel like you're unreasonanble with expectations (No, I wasn't the one to send my hair to debbie withy knot complaints!!).
When you get a unit back that has Excellent bleaching, you realize that it CAN be done at the factory and when it is not done this way again, one thinks the factory did a worse job at bleaching.........hope that makes sense. And by the way, I don't get upset anymore when the bleaching is not so good from the factory as I find Debbies bleaching kit easy and effective.
10-27-2008, 07:12 AM,
I understand what you are saying and I totally agree with you.........I truly wasn't trying to make anyone feel like they're expectations were too high and the customer that contacted me was NOT complaining about the knots, he honestly didn't know they had already been done as he saw "something" there although they were not black, he had never had a hairpiece before and thought they would be invisible.
My only point was to clarify what bleaching the knots actually means. I think the factory does the exact same process on every piece, its that some look better than others because the hair reponds or "takes " the bleach better on some pieces than it does on others, after all that only makes sense as the hair is different and from different doners. I've experienced this myself in bleaching knots, some bleach in 10 minutes and others take 50 minutes. I've left bleach on overnight with no damage and have ruined other pieces leaving the bleach on for only 30 minutes. its tricky as the hair responds differently on every single hair piece.
so to the above poster, if I made you or anyone else feel like I was critisizing your complaints of unbleached knots, it was not my intent, my intent was to educate on the bleaching process and to let people know that usually the knots will not be white or light blonde, in most cases, the goal to make the knots lighter so they are less visible. and I totally agree that some come in lighter than others...as some simply take the bleaching better than others.
DebbieS.