Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clean up problem
01-12-2010, 04:52 AM,
Clean up problem
I am having issues cleaning up residue on the lace of the hairpiece. It's a real pain! More and more residue is accumulating on the lace. This is an issue at the front. The more residue that builds up, the more noticeable it becomes. I was hoping people could post some tips. Big Grin
01-12-2010, 11:35 AM,
Re: Clean up problem
hairhat Wrote:I am having issues cleaning up residue on the lace of the hairpiece. It's a real pain! More and more residue is accumulating on the lace. This is an issue at the front. The more residue that builds up, the more noticeable it becomes. I was hoping people could post some tips. Big Grin

Why don't you let us know what type of glue(s) and/or tape(s) you're using on the front and what are you using to detach with ?

Smile
Fred
01-12-2010, 05:47 PM,
I use walker no-shine tape at the front. And sometimes a bit of iGlue to touch it up.
01-14-2010, 01:00 PM,
timguyperson Wrote:I hate walkers no shine. Leaves heaps of goo on the piece.

Your best bet would probably be to give it a nice soak in some desolve it.

Or do a mirror slide with some isopropyl alcohol.

What have you tried so far?

Also I like oil resistant white glue on the front hair line, clean up is easy.

If not walkers, what tape would you recommend?

-Krispin
01-15-2010, 02:08 PM,
Walker No Shine works for most people. But like all tapes and glues it's effected by personal body chemistry and proper application. It's best to try the tape and see for yourself. Tapes and glues are an area that's subject to 'trial and error' to see what works best for you.
Regards,
John
01-18-2010, 06:25 PM,
Good info, thanks.
01-20-2010, 05:50 PM,
A light mist of adhesive remover in dry lace, wait 5 minutes, mirror slide, then use a wad of pallet wrap to wipe the stubborn areas and you will have no problems with buildup. This is assuming that you don't allow the glues or adhesives to break down too much, of course.
01-23-2010, 03:52 AM,
You're right Tim. Lots of gooey stuff with the walker no shine. Though I do like the tapes on the hairline. I can't imagine what else you could use. I like to wear for a week without changing my hair. By then there is a bit of breakdown of adhesives and the edges start to come up. I don't need to change my hair constantly, because I am single the attachment isn't too important. I am changing my piece tomorrow night. Hopefully I can use some of your tips and get most of the residue off. I think another problem that I face is alot of sweat accumulates at the edge of the hairline - the place where you want the least amount of residue.

I think maybe my best bet is to get super efficient at changing pieces. Once I can do that my hair will look good, and I can clean my scalp more often. I will tell you how it all goes. Thanks guys!

P.S Tim I'll look into using the oil resistant glue. Thanks!