Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 Days and Counting - ST-30's Secure Gripping Power
10-29-2008, 05:02 AM,
Re: 4 Days and Counting - ST-30's Secure Gripping Power
Hi everyone,

This is my very first posting here even though I started wearing toplace's two months ago. I would say both BA and Debbie reinstanted my confidence and gave me back my looks that had long been gone. They are both my life-savers (hope not too mushy) Big Grin

Not too sure if this will be reflected here as I never posted in this forum. Well, just want to reply to Snipe's question as to Walker No-Shine tape. Yes, I have been using Walker the very first week when it was launched (Debbie deserves a round of applause for bringing such a good tape to all of us). I use it at the front (tapped it a few times with a clean finger before laying it on the lace/poly) on both lace and poly units. For lace, the maximum days I got was 4 days (NO LIFTING or TOUCH-UP at all) even though I knew I could go longer but I prefer to clean my scalp every 3 to 4 days. You may choose to apply a thin layer of scalp protector (bought from Debbie) which I do (not every time, though). For your information, if any of you shave your head with the razor (trimmer is fine) try not to apply scalp protector/anti-perspirant immediately as it will agitate the skin and you may develop rashes (will go away after rinsing it with water, takes a few hours though). If you are afraid that the tapes will not stick to your scalp for as long as you want them to, try to apply the scalp protector at least 30 mins after you shave. Alternatively, you may just want to use one stroke when you shave instead of going forth and back a few times (by doing so, it will further sensitize your skin/scalp). Back on track, Walker on poly lasted 4 days too (much stronger than on lace). Again, I do not go beyond 4 days - personal hygiene and preference. In fact, a normal type of tape will be suffice on poly unit as Walker is really strong (which may be good for some people that want to go beyond a week). By the way, removing and cleaning are easy (mirror slide will easily remove the residue and all you got to do is to clean your mirror with water and dish scrub). In addition, for better future adhesion then you will have to clean your scalp thoroughly (with deep cleansing shampoo and scrub) which also helps your pores from clogging. Don't forget to really clean your units every time after removal.

For cut-in, don't worry that it will look weird on you if it were not done on your head. Have implicit faith in Debbie which I am sure those who sent to her will agree. All my units (more than 7) were sent to her for cut-ins even though I only started two months ago (I love trying different hairstyles and from different companies) and no disappointment. She is nice, professional and patient. All you need to do is give her instructions as to the lengths that you like (front, sides, back and top - thinning can be achieved by yourself) and the photo of the hairstyle. So far, Toplace's units are superior to most of the companies (in terms of hair texture, pricing and quality of the bases) that I ordered from (it would not be morally right for me to reveal their names here as everyone deserves basic respect). BA is usually prompt with his e-mails unless he's out of town or really busy with other stuff. Just be patient.

Anyone who's skeptical about how good skin unit can look like, here is a photo of Toplace's around 75%, (a topper, was cut in by Debbie). It looks extremely natural, easy attachment and removal (of course, this is achievable if the density at the front is high - to hide the skin). *****Not sure why I was not able to upload my photo **** The only thing is that it gets a bit warm during summer. It is good for all other seasons. Waiting for my all-lace with thin skin perimeter (custom-made), should be here by this or not later than next week.

It feels so good to have a full head of hair again after so many years of "no bad hair days = bald" :lol:

Hope the above helps. Cheers!

Greenery

Messages In This Thread
Re: 4 Days and Counting - ST-30's Secure Gripping Power - Greenery - 10-29-2008, 05:02 AM