4 Days and Counting - ST-30's Secure Gripping Power
10-28-2008, 03:32 AM,
4 Days and Counting - ST-30's Secure Gripping Power
4 days now since my hairstylist (Di Di) decided
to try something new on my piece ...

I told her both John (Toplace) and I think it was
Snipe who said they use only ST-30.

So we tried it ...

She put ST-30 around the poly perimeter ..
and ... instead of the Wagner's OR the thin Front
Lace Contoured tape we tried the last time
in the front

This time she put St-30 tape cut in slivers
along the front hairline (directly on the lace) ..

The hairline looks absolutely natural ..
(I was around my family this weekend and even
caught several times in a severe deluge of high winds
and rain that brought our powerlines down at my mother's
house in NJ and soaked my piece.

and I've not had to do a touchup ... add any
additional glue ... etc ...as I had with the other
tapes, glues for 4 days now ... just as I like it ..
as little maintenance as possible ...

Let's see how long I can enjoy this freedom
from reaching for that bottle of Toulene glue ! Smile
10-28-2008, 04:57 AM,
Re: 4 Days and Counting - ST-30's Secure Gripping Power
Count....Glad to hear you are experiencing good results with the ST30...I have been doing ST30 since it was available and I have never had a problem with holding power and clean up...However I still glue the front with I-Glue...What is the desnity of your unit? Mine is 65%...and I have tried to use st30 on the front hairline but it was too visable...When you talk about slivers of st30 could you define that...1/8 inch slivers? If I could get away with it I would use st30 and nothing else. When I used it for the front hailine I just cut the tape in half...laid it up to the edge of front lace...pulled back the tabs and over lapped just a bit to account for curvature of hairline...maybe I will try it by cutting even thinner strips...what's your take on this? Cheers
10-29-2008, 02:25 AM,
Has anyone used Walker's on the hailine and how long did you from it?
10-29-2008, 05:02 AM,
Hi everyone,

This is my very first posting here even though I started wearing toplace's two months ago. I would say both BA and Debbie reinstanted my confidence and gave me back my looks that had long been gone. They are both my life-savers (hope not too mushy) Big Grin

Not too sure if this will be reflected here as I never posted in this forum. Well, just want to reply to Snipe's question as to Walker No-Shine tape. Yes, I have been using Walker the very first week when it was launched (Debbie deserves a round of applause for bringing such a good tape to all of us). I use it at the front (tapped it a few times with a clean finger before laying it on the lace/poly) on both lace and poly units. For lace, the maximum days I got was 4 days (NO LIFTING or TOUCH-UP at all) even though I knew I could go longer but I prefer to clean my scalp every 3 to 4 days. You may choose to apply a thin layer of scalp protector (bought from Debbie) which I do (not every time, though). For your information, if any of you shave your head with the razor (trimmer is fine) try not to apply scalp protector/anti-perspirant immediately as it will agitate the skin and you may develop rashes (will go away after rinsing it with water, takes a few hours though). If you are afraid that the tapes will not stick to your scalp for as long as you want them to, try to apply the scalp protector at least 30 mins after you shave. Alternatively, you may just want to use one stroke when you shave instead of going forth and back a few times (by doing so, it will further sensitize your skin/scalp). Back on track, Walker on poly lasted 4 days too (much stronger than on lace). Again, I do not go beyond 4 days - personal hygiene and preference. In fact, a normal type of tape will be suffice on poly unit as Walker is really strong (which may be good for some people that want to go beyond a week). By the way, removing and cleaning are easy (mirror slide will easily remove the residue and all you got to do is to clean your mirror with water and dish scrub). In addition, for better future adhesion then you will have to clean your scalp thoroughly (with deep cleansing shampoo and scrub) which also helps your pores from clogging. Don't forget to really clean your units every time after removal.

For cut-in, don't worry that it will look weird on you if it were not done on your head. Have implicit faith in Debbie which I am sure those who sent to her will agree. All my units (more than 7) were sent to her for cut-ins even though I only started two months ago (I love trying different hairstyles and from different companies) and no disappointment. She is nice, professional and patient. All you need to do is give her instructions as to the lengths that you like (front, sides, back and top - thinning can be achieved by yourself) and the photo of the hairstyle. So far, Toplace's units are superior to most of the companies (in terms of hair texture, pricing and quality of the bases) that I ordered from (it would not be morally right for me to reveal their names here as everyone deserves basic respect). BA is usually prompt with his e-mails unless he's out of town or really busy with other stuff. Just be patient.

Anyone who's skeptical about how good skin unit can look like, here is a photo of Toplace's around 75%, (a topper, was cut in by Debbie). It looks extremely natural, easy attachment and removal (of course, this is achievable if the density at the front is high - to hide the skin). *****Not sure why I was not able to upload my photo **** The only thing is that it gets a bit warm during summer. It is good for all other seasons. Waiting for my all-lace with thin skin perimeter (custom-made), should be here by this or not later than next week.

It feels so good to have a full head of hair again after so many years of "no bad hair days = bald" :lol:

Hope the above helps. Cheers!

Greenery
10-29-2008, 05:46 AM,
Walker No Shine is good stuff.

Even though it says "No Shine" if your density is too thin, you will still see it.

If I use it in questionable areas I just do my white glue overlay routine and the shine is completely gone.

On lace I get almost the same strength as blue liner with less mess. Too bad it doesn't come in rolls.....
10-29-2008, 05:55 AM,
I've gone 18 days with st30 all around but hate cutting it to fit front contour.
Was hoping to get 14 days from Walker's.

If I can't get 14 days from Walker's, I'll stick to Supertape and change every 10 days or so.Wink
10-29-2008, 06:31 AM,
Appearance wise, blue tape is still the best for the front. My suggestion to people. Use blue lace tape at the very front center of your hairline, and the rest use st30 for a clean attachment.
10-29-2008, 06:43 AM,
I'm getting 10 solid days from Supertape and it comes in contours.

It's a pain in the ass cutting up st30.

Everyone knows Blue is only good for a couple days, not interested in that.

Never had a problem with any tape showing at the front.

I'm looking for long hold in contours.:-)
11-08-2008, 02:29 AM,
Just got 14 days holding power out of ST-30 Tape
for the front hairline

... and boy .....am I happy.

Di Di cut the tape length-wise into strips .. a little less
than 1/2 normal (width-wise) thickness and placed them
along the front .....

She redid my piece yesterday with the ST-30 ... and damn ..
my front hairline looked better than when we were using glue ...

(and you can see my progress and initial hair-wearing
experience detailed in photos on this Toplace site)

During my first few weeks as a newbie hairwearer, I was
starting to GET TOTALLY FRUSTRATED with the
annoying glue lift
in the FRONT and the resulting
GLUE BOOGERS that would miraculously appear and
pick up dirt ... and have to be cleaned without removing
the whole piece...

I wasted an hour or more every morning to just get
the front right ... I tried 4 glues ... one white and
3 with Toulene ...

I haven't had that problem since using ST-30....

STYLIST SAYS ST-30 IS BETTER THAN BLUE TAPE
FOR CLEANUP !!

Di Di, my Toplace Stylist - says many of her customers
use the Blue Tape but even she had to agree the ST-30 is
SO MUCH BETTER with Clean up ...

Anyone knows, who makes this tape and do they have
any other products I could try out ? Is this one of those
rare tapes that found new use from the dusty corners of
a medical supply house ? Smile

Because this TAPE makes HAIR WEARING EASY !!
(And isn't that what most of us want) .....

This product is a WINNER !!!
If you haven't tried it out ... grab a roll from Debbie ..
I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed !
11-08-2008, 04:17 AM,
Count,

I appreciate you investigating the different attachment methods.
With the st-30 do you just apply to the lace and slap it on?
How do you remove, with lace release through the lace?
What residue was left on the lace?
Since St-30 does not come in contours do people use st-30 sides and back and something like walker no shine on the front?
Thanks