Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue Max Updates.....Exciting News!
10-30-2008, 12:21 PM,
Blue Max Updates.....Exciting News!
First off, I appreciate all of the orders for the Blue Max Serum I have received so far. I have gotten a ton of emails and it seems that it is working just as well for others as it has for me. Special thanks to BA and John for allowing me to share all of this with you on the forum.

So here's the exciting news.

Due to the phenomenal feedback I have gotten from those who have tried the serum, I have decided to take the plunge and develop a full line of hair care products including a shampoo, conditioner, and styling products (wax, gel), specifically designed for hairpiece wearers.

The serum I developed myself with a basic knowledge of how silicones and certain natural oils function when applied to hair, but I have officially enlisted the services of a cosmetics laboratory to assist me in developing the remainder of the product line. I have spent the past month or so speaking with various labs to get the feel for who would be willing to go the extra mile in helping me to formulate a line of products that actually works across the board, from cleaning, to conditioning, to protecting, to styling.

The goal I am trying to achieve will be slightly different for each product in the line, but the 3 main points will be:

1) Softness/moisturizing. This is what Blue Max was originally created for, and this will be a non-negotiable point when it comes to developing ALL of these products. If it dries the hair prematurely, it isn't going to make the cut. This is my #1 priority.

2) Color safe formulas. No harsh ingredients to prematurely fade the hair.

3) UV protection. Wherever feasible, products will be formulated for added protection against UV rays.

These products ARE NOT going to be made using "stock" formulas with a new label slapped on them, they are going to be developed from the ground up, specifically to work well with processed hair.

I already have the graphic designs completed for the packaging for the products, and plan to begin working with the chemists sometime next week to begin the development process. It is going to take about 3 weeks for them to send me the first batch of products for testing, and from there it depends upon how much tweaking they have to do once it is tested, but I hope to be able to launch at least part of the line on or before the first of the year.

I will keep everyone posted!
10-30-2008, 02:21 PM,
Re: Blue Max Updates.....Exciting News!
JRob, I just want to say -- YOU ARE THE MAN!
10-30-2008, 03:07 PM,
JRob,
We really wish you all the luck in the world on this project. Hair care products formulated especailly for hair pieces-- developed by someone that wears and is 'one of us.' Sounds like a great idea! We'll look forward to seeing these products as well as you instructional DVD on full caps. Bravo!
Regards,
John
10-30-2008, 03:31 PM,
Thanks guys!

This has become quite a hobby for me, and being in business for many years has tuned my radar for spotting the needs of various consumers, and of course I personally am a consumer when it comes to this, so i know as well as anyone how frustrating it can be to find what I am looking for.

It seems like there are always challenges to this hairwearing game. My first challenge was to overcome the problem I had with thin side hair. The full cap solved that issue.

Now it is "What shampoo do I use? What's the best conditioner? Why does my hair keep drying out even though I'm doing everything right? What kind of styling products are good for hairpieces?"

I got frustrated with the dry hair issue, and started experimenting and ended up with a product that helps the hair retain moisture....something that conditioner alone can't do. Once that was solved I looked around my bathroom and saw three bottles of shampoo that I bought that don't work very well, about a dozen bottles of various hair products that only work if I add a drop of serum to them, so called "hair strengtheners" that smell really nice but don't seem to do much.

With the exception of one or two products, my entire collection of hair stuff IS NOT marketed specifically to hairwearers. A couple of these products actually do work, but i think they can even be improved upon, which is what I intend to do. Talking to those "in the know" about the hair replacement business, it doesn't seem to be slowing down, and I think that the time is right for a full line of products that actually WORK, where you don't have to look around and cherry pick a shampoo from here and a hair wax from there to get something that doesn't turn the hair into a pile of tinder after two days.

This is gong to cost me a good amount of time and money, but I know the end result will be worth it.
10-30-2008, 03:33 PM,
Oh yea, and if anyone has specific ideas, requests, or any kind of input that might be helpful I am all ears. After all, this stuff isn't going to be made just for ME.....it needs to hit the mark for all of us.
10-30-2008, 04:49 PM,
I think your a business man. I had a feeling you were seeking business opportunities back when you were talking about selling full cap dvds etc. Nothing wrong with that. If you can deliver a great product people like, thats great for everyone. I just hope your final prices arent too high, because remember supo? Everyone was giving him positive feedback about his line of shampoo and conditioner, but no one wanted to spend 50 dollars a bottle. We have enough expenses as hair wearers.. The constant purchasing of systems, the tapes, the glues, the cut ins which are a complete rip off. For me personally, I would really want to find a product that had a good balance between price and benefit. Just my 2 cents. hope it works out for you.
10-30-2008, 05:25 PM,
Xeon005 Wrote:I think your a business man. I had a feeling you were seeking business opportunities back when you were talking about selling full cap dvds etc.

You are correct. It is in my blood. My father has been self employed most of his life, and I have been off and on since I was 18 years old. I thrive on creativity and derive great satisfaction from providing people with things that make them happier, healthier, make their lives easier, etc.

Quote:If you can deliver a great product people like, thats great for everyone. I just hope your final prices arent too high, because remember supo? Everyone was giving him positive feedback about his line of shampoo and conditioner, but no one wanted to spend 50 dollars a bottle.

I can assure you that there is not a shampoo on the market that is worth $50 a bottle.

I still do not know what each product will cost to produce, so pricing is not set in stone, but I own a production company and i am personally proficient in graphic design, marketing development, brand building, and whatever knowledge I lack I have employees and sub-contractors to help me, so although this is going to be an expensive project, I will be able to do it for less than it would cost most people. This means that I will definitely be able to offer value in all of the products. Notice how I didn't say "cheap", because they won't be cheap (people don't want cheap products anyway), but they will be affordable and worth every penny, I can assure you. I am going to do everything in my power to keep pricing under the $20 mark for each product.

Quote:We have enough expenses as hair wearers.. The constant purchasing of systems, the tapes, the glues, the cut ins which are a complete rip off. For me personally, I would really want to find a product that had a good balance between price and benefit. Just my 2 cents. hope it works out for you.

I agree. It all adds up. Which is why I am not going to pass off repackaged stock formulas. Each of these products will made specifically for hair system wearers and will be developed with the idea of prolonging the life of the hair system, therefore saving you money. Just by using the Blue Max CCS I have noticed a drastic reduction in shedding. I truly believe that with the right combination of products we can extend the life of our systems by 10-20 or even 50% longer. Granted, I haven't worn my current unit full time, but I have had it since FEBRUARY and it is my primary unit. it has had one hair add and is on its last legs, but 9 months is a LOOOOONG time to be wearing the same hair regardless, so I must be doing something right.

Thanks for the feedback!
10-31-2008, 06:46 AM,
hmmm so should i expect to see RobsHairreplacement.com soon? heh. maybe u can be a seller of those new japanese wigs. Id buy one from you. Too bad their site is in japaense hard to find a contact anywhere.
10-31-2008, 07:54 AM,
Xeon005 Wrote:hmmm so should i expect to see RobsHairreplacement.com soon? heh. maybe u can be a seller of those new japanese wigs. Id buy one from you. Too bad their site is in japaense hard to find a contact anywhere.

Noooooooo.....

I have no desire to get involved with selling hair. I already have one retail business and I doubt I will ever start another one. TheHairBaron.com has a shopping cart, so i suppose it IS a retail site, but the type of products I will be selling don't require an extensive inventory, customer service, custom ordering specs, etc. I'll let the pro's at Toplace handle that and just concentrate on providing information and products that help make hairwearers lives easier.
10-31-2008, 09:55 AM,
Sounds promising. The Blue Max serum you developed is very impressive.

I, like a lot of us I guess, have bought many other so-called 'specially formulated for hairwearers' products that simply don't deliver what they claim to.

If you can come up with a range of products that can really work to reduce drying, retain softness and prolong the onset of shedding then I think you'll get a huge number of customers.

Good luck with your investment.