Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone order lace with poly back and sides?
11-03-2008, 01:11 AM,
Re: Does anyone order lace with poly back and sides?
AlopeciaChica Wrote:Cobico, that seems like a good approach. But I thought poly is more detectable around the edges.

How did you manage to get the sides look natural?

Also, is it detectable where the lace meets the poly?

Tanya

hi tanya, yes thats correct. it is more detectable to the touch. i trim it a bit by the front where it meets for the hairline. also i pull the base tight. the natural look is going to depend on who does your cut in. i can post some pics if you like. i also have all lace but when i am away for work i tend to use the poly pieces.
michael
11-03-2008, 04:32 AM,
peverel Wrote:JRob, did you try a Thinskin perimeter as well?

I initially ordered the new thin skin but the units both came PSB.

I have seen the new material up close, but a number of factors spooked me from actually following through with it. I have two barely functional lace units and one psb perimeter unit that is sufficient for a backup, but I have four all lace units on order, so when I get them in I might consider giving the new skin another shot....who knows.

For a first or a main unit definitely DEFINITELY all lace though....there just is no substitute.
11-03-2008, 05:43 AM,
cobico Wrote:hi tanya, yes thats correct. it is more detectable to the touch. i trim it a bit by the front where it meets for the hairline. also i pull the base tight. the natural look is going to depend on who does your cut in. i can post some pics if you like. i also have all lace but when i am away for work i tend to use the poly pieces.
michael

Hi Michael, yes some pictures would be great! Smile

Tanya
11-03-2008, 08:02 AM,
Thanks JRob...
I have also used all lace until now but I am curious about the new lace with Thinskin perimeter system I just ordered.
My only problem with lace is the fact that glue always breaks down and seeps into the lace and hair. Maybe I just used it too long, I sweat pretty easy and I guess then I have to reattach more often which is (in my opinion and experience) easier with tape.
Well, I think that attaching, cleaning and reattaching with glue will be easier with Thinskin.
11-04-2008, 01:37 AM,
I use poly side-and-back and will likely stick for awhile , i liked it.

because i only supertape the front .. i use white tape for side and back now so that i can clean up scalp every 2 days or every day... VERY EASILY!

the main concern is that if you can't wear at least 65-70%... then you should go with all lace...
11-07-2008, 07:07 PM,
You will be fine with a poly perimeter. They are not detctable and you would find them somewhat easier to work with as compared to an all lace base. Some might disagree, but that has been my experience.
11-08-2008, 11:32 AM,
i ware the french lace with the poly sides and back. its a good piece for durabilty,(around 6 months) is taken care when removing and rebonding, although i find at toplace,if you order the same configureation, the poly thickness vary's , as does the density, and 3 out of 4 for me the knots wre not bleached,this really shows up if you have the 64 french lace. so scream , yell and shout, you want all the knots bleached! this is what i have been doing, but i still get just the very front bleached ,sometimes your just a number on a invoice (me)
11-11-2008, 01:49 PM,
Worn a full cap with thinskin all around for a couple of years. The real plus is sturdiness, easy to use tape or glue and extremely easy cleanup, dont worry about lace fray. Downside is the edges are detectable to the touch especially with tape, but only slightly less with glue. I'm a believer in thinskin for everyday use, but not for use on dates or while dating someone unless you want to get busted if she's a hair-feeler. I just order a full cap of all lace to wear on date nights.
11-13-2008, 05:37 AM,
I wear a full poly skin cap and have not tried the lace poly I have in a drawer. It may be to much hassle looking at the lace so I juts ordered another Ploy. LOL
11-13-2008, 06:06 AM,
I have to agree with JRob. For a man's full cap, all lace has worked the best for me overall. Maybe it's different for a woman's full cap, since the hair is much longer.