Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie- couple of questions
01-12-2010, 06:59 PM,
Newbie- couple of questions
Hi guys; first of all, thank you to all who have been on here and have created a wealth of knowledge for newbies like me- it is invaluable; I've been doing a bunch of research deep into the forums and have learned a substantial amount but I was wondering if anyone could answer something a bit more specific.

I'm probably going to be ordering in the next few months and I'm looking to achieve something along the lines of Beckham's picture that I have attached below. I have a part in my natural hair and wanted to know if this style is practical and replicable for a hair system. I did not see too many pictures in the forums with hair systems that have parts in them so is this a style that is problematic (with a part, I mean)? Also, the Beckham photo appears to have a high density so I'm planning on getting a lower one (maybe 55%?) with loss in the crown to effect a more realistic look. Am I correct to think that part of the benefits of the style shown in the photo is that the hairline is not exposed?

Secondly, to avoid color contrasts, do you guys think it is a good idea to dye my hair the darkest black and then just order the darkest black color for the system, for the sake of simplicity? My hair is already almost black- maybe a very dark brown.

Lastly, I do not plan to style my hair (that is, the system, Big Grin ) with anything beyond water from a spray bottle; I think that Beckham's look in the photo can be at least partially achieved with just moisture. Will not using any product (or using a very MINIMAL amount) contribute to the longevity of the system or will it not matter? Thanks in advance.

Attached Files Image(s)

01-12-2010, 07:24 PM,
Re: Newbie- couple of questions
Thanks I appreciate the info. I'm mid 20s and my density on the sides and back is average so not really too thin. I'm just worried that the hair line density for the piece is going to be TOO thick. In my opinion, from all the pieces I've seen, that is the #1 give away. Even looking at some of the pictures on the forums here (pictures that show the hairline, that is) I just don't understand why the hairlines are so thick. Asides from that, everything looks perfect.

-Krispin
01-13-2010, 07:32 PM,
Thanks for all the info; I am likely going to order a graduated hairline as well with a density somewhere in the neighborhood of 65%. So lastly, being as objective as possible, does your hair look realistic and "normal" when the piece is applied correctly? Thanks.

-Alexander
01-13-2010, 10:18 PM,
just my twopenith worth but looking at that style, when you design your template I would ensure you arrow oyt the direction you want the hair to lie eg: sweeping over to the right. And when you say will it look real, yes, but having said that David B's hair dosnt look real in that pic to be honest it looks very wiggy!!! Might just be the style though
01-14-2010, 07:46 AM,
the7thson Wrote:just my twopenith worth but looking at that style, when you design your template I would ensure you arrow oyt the direction you want the hair to lie eg: sweeping over to the right. And when you say will it look real, yes, but having said that David B's hair dosnt look real in that pic to be honest it looks very wiggy!!! Might just be the style though
That's a good point; except for me, my part is on the right so I'll have the arrows going slightly to the left. Now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure it is not DB's real hair because I recently saw a picture of him with very thin top hair- not even close to the density in the photo.

timguyperson Wrote:I think that style shouts out wig too, even if it's not a wig.
Any way to make this style look less wiggy? Maybe get a lesser density up front? I really like this style because it suits my head shape (similar to DB's).
Thanks.

-Krispin
01-15-2010, 06:25 PM,
Thanks timguyperson- I'm considering getting a piece with right break, which I believe is a "soft part" so I'll be able to achieve many if not all of the styles possible with a freestyle while still keeping a slight definition on the right side.

-Krispin