Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nov.12, 2008 - Can I have hair by then?
11-01-2008, 03:27 AM,
Nov.12, 2008 - Can I have hair by then?
My company of 6 years has started laying off due to fiscal constraints. I'm the sole provider for my family, so I'm not taking any chances & have started a new job search, with a first interview coming up on 11/12/08.
I'm an athlete & in great shape, but my MPB does make me look older than I am. I can't afford the potential decline over the "image" - Companies practice this bias waaaaaaaayyyyy more than you'd think!!
I've read the forums & have seen stock pieces cut to fit that are stellar.

Here's what I'm going for(.5 to .75 sides, 1.5 to 2" top), a comb down 'Cesar' variation :

[Image: short2.jpg]

Or this slight variation:
[Image: short---george-clooney.jpg]

I plan on contacting Erin & squaring away a template/density order form, then the actual cut in(s).
Barring the inability to 'hair up' in this tight timeframe, how's Dermatch?
These photos from their site are spot on to my hairloss:

[Image: Ryan%20Castline%20profile.jpg]

Does Dermatch look that good & natural in real life?
11-01-2008, 04:50 AM,
Re: Nov.12, 2008 - Can I have hair by then?
I have probably as much experience with Dermmatch as anyone, and I recently made a post about how it is an indispensable part of every hairwearers tool chest, however.....

If your hairloss is at that level I wouldn't want to rely on Dermmatch every day. It would control your life. I would guess that it would take you at least a half hour to get it looking decent. then you have to worry about it rubbing off, re-applying every day, etc. TRUST ME....if you have a small area to cover up....this is your product. Trying to re-create a full head of hair....you're in for a lot of frustration.

I have fake Dermmatch sideburns on as we speak, so i know its a great product, but you have to be realistic about what to expect from it.

Best bet is to get a stock piece and get it cut by a pro who knows what they are doing. Keep in mind that your hair will probably need to be longer than the guy in the Dermmatch pics to be able to pull off a piece.
11-01-2008, 05:07 AM,
Hi JRob,

Yup, I intended the stock route from the get go.
My MPB is of that pattern in the Drmatch photos, but my side length is the same as in the Clooney photo.

On the stock:
- Do I need a visit to Erin first?
I'm guessing a 50%-55% to start, all SFS. Going the measurement route & opting for 20% gray, straight freestlye & dark brown(1B ? ), should get squared, right?
11-01-2008, 05:57 AM,
Dermmatch can help in the meantime. I like prothik better tho. But for thin blending dermmatch would probably be better. The thing with these concealers is that they work better the more hair you have. All dermmatch is really doing it coloring your scalp, so you dont see your scalp. It can work pretty damn well, but dont expect to have hardly any hair, and have it look fantastic. It def will help, but its not gonna be the best when u have hardly any hair to work with.. It will just like u have shoepolish on your head. So use a little at a time. and give it a shot. and dont plaster your head black in areas where u have hardly any hair. Put a very light coding on the areas u are the thinnest.
11-01-2008, 09:56 AM,
get your self a stock system, once you have it in hand, give erin a call and set up an appointment. also in your area is Didi if Erin cannot get you in, call Didi. her information is on the toplace homepage under resourses, then click on "tips".
Erin and Didi will both know how to make a template for you and then cut the stock down to a template. They are both very experienced so you will be in excellent hands. this is the only way to have hair by the 12th of Nov., but I always caution people who start wearing hair in a hurry....remember, there is a learning curve to it and you will have to know how to change, clean etc. , again , erin or didi can help teach you but in the meantime, read all you can on this forum. you will learn alot about how to take care of things on your own.
DebbieS.