Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transition from Club to Toplace
11-01-2008, 07:38 AM,
Transition from Club to Toplace
My contract is up today and I am not going to renew. Finally after more than 10 years.
I can go month to month for service at a higher rate until I get a good system here.
Now is the time to make my break.
I need a template, but have never detached and attached myself. I will try to let
my stylist do it on the side when I am ready to get my template made. Been waiting a while to
be able to go on my own. FREEDOM or trouble.
Any suggestions on how to make the move?
Perhaps my stylist could cut in a stock piece to get me going. I can always use my current system as a backup.
That would get me started with Toplace quicker.
11-01-2008, 01:41 PM,
Re: Transition from Club to Toplace
Hey, I made the switch about a year ago and its one of the best decisions I ever made. I ordered a stock to start with. Once I got that to where I could wear it, I sent the old club piece in to be used as a template. You can also practice attaching and detaching with the club piece on now. Get the supplies you will need and do it, its not hard. I had to drive a total of 3 hours each month for a service and I don't know if I even spend that much time doing it myself now. You will not believe the money you will save. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
11-01-2008, 01:48 PM,
Sounds like you are getting a hard or "permanent" bond on the club piece. That's how they do it to make you more dependent on them because trying to detach that at home would be rough (if you even could get the right solvents to cut their glue). Tell you stylist next time that you want to go to a more temporary or daily attachment. Take your own tape or glue if they don't have any there, or go somewhere else if they say no. That will allow you, as Rod mentioned, to start practicing on your own.
11-01-2008, 01:49 PM,
wiggy Wrote:My contract is up today and I am not going to renew. Finally after more than 10 years.
I can go month to month for service at a higher rate until I get a good system here.
Now is the time to make my break.
I need a template, but have never detached and attached myself. I will try to let
my stylist do it on the side when I am ready to get my template made. Been waiting a while to
be able to go on my own. FREEDOM or trouble.
Any suggestions on how to make the move?
Perhaps my stylist could cut in a stock piece to get me going. I can always use my current system as a backup.
That would get me started with Toplace quicker.

Sounds like you don't have MB's video/DVD.
This is an absolute MUST have....
It shows how to make a template, for example.
Get it and most of your questions will be answered.

Fred (StealthTJ)
11-01-2008, 03:04 PM,
Yeah Tapehead, I remember it was a pain to remove that hcm piece. If you can wait a week or so you can remove it pretty easy with electric shears. This is how they do it...they are basically cutting the piece away from the shaved hair that it is attached to, as you lift the piece up on the sides you hit the hairs that its attached too with the razor and it will pull away. Once you get it off its easy to remove the tape from the poly sides. Good point by Fred also, get the video it helped me out big time.
11-03-2008, 02:52 PM,
These are great ideas. I will have her bond like I normally would with a toplace. Then try it on my own. Perhaps order a stock unit and have her cut it in for me and make me a template to send in. This way I will have a backup while I wait for my custom system. She will more likely help me do this if she can get some business on the side.
Again, thanks for the help.
I think the webcast with Debbie is an super idea. How do you guys think of these innovative things?
11-04-2008, 01:30 AM,
i bought the MB DVD too..
sounds like MB made a fortune out of it Smile
but regardless, i think its a good DVD too