Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Hairline So Real It's SCARY
11-02-2008, 01:34 PM,
A Hairline So Real It's SCARY
This is a pic of the hairline of the full cap that Debbie cut shorter for me at the Windsor convention. Since I hadn't worn it for some time before the convention, the base had shrunk, so IMO it looks better overall combed down a bit in the front (the temples don't come forward far enough) but I was playing around with spiking the front and was impressed with the realism of the hairline.

Keep in mind the entire front of this piece was altered when I got it from the factory. I cut in recession and cut a deeper curve in the hairline.

[Image: IMGP40841-1.jpg]
11-02-2008, 02:17 PM,
Re: A Hairline So Real It's SCARY
I would never believe that was a hairpiece......that is amazing looking. good job!
DebbieS.
11-02-2008, 02:33 PM,
I agree with Debbie---who would ever think that it a hairpiece! Amazing!
John
11-02-2008, 05:29 PM,
Wow nice job JRob! I would never guess either!

When you alter the hair line, did you have to somehow change the density along the edges as well?

Tanya
11-02-2008, 09:18 PM,
Very nice, looks awesome.

What kind of base is it JRob?
11-03-2008, 04:15 AM,
This is all #64 base attached with a blue liner contour finished with white blue at the edge.

Tanya- yes, when I cut the hairline and added the recession I plucked some of the hairs to stagger the edge.
11-03-2008, 06:00 AM,
JRob Wrote:This is all #64 base attached with a blue liner contour finished with white blue at the edge.

Tanya- yes, when I cut the hairline and added the recession I plucked some of the hairs to stagger the edge.

I bet that's a lot of plucking to get this result. Fine job you did!

By the way, Is #64 Super Fine Swiss lace?
11-03-2008, 06:07 AM,
Yeah thats very realistic. I wouldn't go for it, because I like more density at the front, this looks like you are balding, but looking like your balding a little bit is extremely realistic. Almost looks like your trying to doob us and posting someones real picture lol. Very cool.

Btw what is white blue tape?
11-03-2008, 08:20 AM,
Xeon- Sorry....white GLUE at the edge.

This unit was much thicker when I got it but has shed down to where it is at now. There are places where the density is great, some places it's still a bit thick, and some places that need a touch of Dermmatch. It just so happens that the spot where I took the pic is a bit thin. I prefer a bit thicker density myself, but even getting down into that 50-55% range these things still look super good as long as you cover any spots that are too thin.

Tanya- #64 is French lace, Swiss (or SFS) is even finer and less detectable. I prefer SFS and have a few units on order with SFS hairlines, but the french is FAR more durable. And no, it didn't take much time to remove the hair, maybe 30 minutes including the temples.
11-03-2008, 12:25 PM,
JRob Wrote:Tanya- #64 is French lace, Swiss (or SFS) is even finer and less detectable. I prefer SFS and have a few units on order with SFS hairlines, but the french is FAR more durable. And no, it didn't take much time to remove the hair, maybe 30 minutes including the temples.

Only 30 minutes? I have to ask - 'cause I've tried this before and it took me forever! How do you pluck the hair to thin out the density? While wearing it I guess? I was worried about breaking the lace...