Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lil' help with TL300 ILace
11-02-2008, 05:44 PM,
Lil' help with TL300 ILace
I ordered this iLace unit but didn't expect the French lace all around the edges. I guess the iLace is too thick to be right on the edge. I'm rather concerned with the line where iLace meets French lace.

Has anyone experienced this? Any ideas on how to hide it better?

thanks in advance,
Tanya

Close Up: [Image: 2993780091_fb6d9e9d7e_o.jpg]
Close up on black: [Image: 2993773737_853e242e18_o.jpg]
Inside: [Image: 2994622894_a5ee9a0f0b_o.jpg]
11-03-2008, 09:34 AM,
Re: Lil' help with TL300 ILace
when you join 2 different materials together, the seem can (stick out) and yell hello, i'm wearing a hair piece!
i had the exact same problem when i was paying 700 bucks for unit's joining 2 materials, and it looks like there is no difference here other than your paying less. what you can do is increase the density, but still then it takes some good styling to hide that joining seem. good luck
11-03-2008, 11:59 AM,
I have an i-lace island with dark hair and my density is 90%, and I don't have that problem--what is your density? Have you asked John or BA what to do?
The density on that looks really thin for a woman's system.
11-03-2008, 12:12 PM,
SassyGal Wrote:I have an i-lace island with dark hair and my density is 90%, and I don't have that problem--what is your density? Have you asked John or BA what to do?
The density on that looks really thin for a woman's system.

Hi SassyGal,

You're right, I ordered a really low density one (asked for 65 - 70%) for the gym. I wanted it to be light enough that I can put it into a pony tail!

If I wear it combed back into a pony tail then the seam is hidden, but after getting it I realized it was quite impossible to achieve a natural hairline at the back. Sadly wearing it down and parting it has the issue of showing that seam.

I suppose I should increase density on it. I remember trying something similar a long time ago (PSB island perhaps), and I had to get it changed to full lace because the seam was showing. That was with 85-90% density! How do you style yours?

Tanya
11-03-2008, 01:15 PM,
Hi Tanya;
I've seen this before...and unfortunately whenever two seperate materials are joined there is that area....if the density is higher it really doesnt show much at all when bonded down securely.
you could have hair added to the front area to try and hide the join or you could go with all one material. when going from french lace to sfs lace, the join is much less noticeable because the two materials are so similar...but I-lace is much thicker than the regular lace on your system, that it makes for a more obvious join as you can see.
DebbieS.