Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ST-30 Tip
11-03-2008, 02:29 AM,
ST-30 Tip
This may have been posted before. But here's something I've found to make the hairline look really natural when using ST-30.

Now, I apply the tape to directly to the base ( I use all French lace). And when I do the hairline, I cut the tape in half, lengthwise...and I use two halves, meeting at the center of the hairline. This gives me thin tape that can follow the line I want to make. Here's the important part: when I lay the tape down on the hairline, I run it one "mesh row" behind the outermost edge of the base.

So when I fix the syrup, the outer row of mesh holes are not taped down, but what I think happens is that they curve down and cover the edge of the ST-30 when you press the base down on your head. Really, you can't see where the edge of the ST-30 is, even if you are looking for it. And you can't see the base that you don't put tape under because there isn't that much, and what's there is sticking to that edge.

Of course, you don't want to put the tape too far behind the hairline...or too far forward of it. But after working with it, you'll find out what I'm talking about and know the right amount.
11-03-2008, 03:11 AM,
Re: ST-30 Tip
Wigginout....Do you find that the tape turns white when exposed to water...I am finding the tape turning color after I shower...so I use the ST30 right where the hair begins in the lace and glue the remainder up front,Cheers
11-03-2008, 09:07 AM,
Wheels07, just curious, how do you attach the glue when the system is already on your head with the tape?
I mean, how do you get the glue to dry before it touches the lace?
11-03-2008, 08:44 PM,
Wheels, I'm really, really tough on ALL tapes and glues. Really, I've tried them all, and ST-30 has been, by far, the best.

I think one of the reasons is that I exercise a lot. I'm an athlete, so my syrup has to endure several hours of hot, sweaty conditions every other day. Not to mention, I think I naturally sweat glue remover!!! Big Grin

But yes, I have noticed that the tape can turn white, but for me, that's when it's on its last, last legs. (Note that I usually get holds for 3-4 days in the summer and 5-6 days in the fall/winter.) And the ST-30 doesn't turn white until I have that weak-feeling adhesion coupled with a hot shower (w/shampoo and conditioner).

I don't know how long your holds are, but if it's turning white on you, then, like I've found (although I never let it get that far gone), that might mean that it's time to remove/clean/retape.
11-04-2008, 08:00 AM,
I tape the ST30 on the lace then apply...I place the tape just behind where the hair starts...Then I flip up the front and glue...I usually go about 5 days between attachments...so that really isn't a long time compared with some on the forum. cheers