Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Course hair, couvre, toppix and the wonderful future!
11-03-2008, 11:57 AM,
Course hair, couvre, toppix and the wonderful future!
Hi Folks- This is my very first post to this group. I've been reading occasionally and find this very informative and helpful.
Since we're all being honest, this is my situation. My thinning hair started aroud the time I was in my early 20's. By the time I was 24, I started using couvre, which seemed like a Godsend. Thinning slowly continued, and in my later 20's I had three hair transplants, neither were "major" sessions (250 - 350 grafts per). This worked for me. I never wanted A LOT of hair, as it doesnt' suit my facial features, but I didn't want to be bald, either. The combination of the transplants, couvre and later Toppix kept me happy and I did all the tricks to keep out of heavy rain, heavy wind, direct sunlight, etc. etc. etc. I'm sure you all understand! Wink
Nearing 40, I'm at the time in my life where I'd like to kiss the couvre and toppix goodbye, but still look decent. From my frontal hairline back about 4 inches as well as the diameter across has mild coverage, but could use a filler transplant to avoid using couvre/toppix. The back is considerably thinner, though there is still some hair there, the toppix is beginning to fail. So my plan is by transplant to fill in the frontal area and then possibly use a Toplace piece for the back. Why not a full transplant you may ask? I'd like to save my doner area as much as possible. And from what I've seen, some of you look killer with your toplace units. Great stuff.
Now, my hair is probably courser than anyone reading this. Can Toplace accomodate this?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I look forward to ALL comments, suggestions and replies from both users and moderators.

Best,

Daniel
11-04-2008, 12:54 PM,
Re: Course hair, couvre, toppix and the wonderful future!
Give up on the transplant, you'll be chasing that forever and it'll never look as good as the right wig.
11-17-2008, 12:57 PM,
Thanks for the response.
The problem is I feel I've still got too much hair at the front to cover over with a piece. It's not perfect or overly thick, but it's good enough, at least for now!
I guess what I'd "need" for the time being is a piece at the crown. Does anyone here wear just a crown piece? Any suggestions?
Also, does anyone wear a partial piece for bald areas and still use couvre/toppix for natural hair areas?

Looking forward to all replies, they would be appreciated.

Oh..and looking at the menu of the different laces, TL150 vs. TL100...If there's no poly on the back, how do you safely, attach /detach tape?

Thanks.
11-17-2008, 01:38 PM,
We have many customers that just order a partial piece to cover the crown area. Some customers order small partial pieces to fill in receding hairlines. As far a poly goes, it provides a nice smooth surface to attach the tape. The downside is that it can be detectable to the touch and if you wear a light density unit the transition from lace to poly can sometimes be visible. Usually for densities of 55% and above the transition is hidden. But with a tape like ST 30 the poly isn't much of a difference. The tape gives an excellent hold and clean up is easy because it doesn't breakdown and get 'gooey' like other tapes. Almost all customers than switch over to Toplace from a hair club have poly back and sides on their hair club units. Since the hairclubs aren't going to tell you that there is an option to go without poly customers don't know that hair systems can come without poly. And forget the hair clubs explaining the different tapes and glues--they want to keep you 'in the dark.'
John
11-17-2008, 01:59 PM,
Is the cost the same regardless of size?

I realize a well kept piece would probably last a decent amount of time, but it would probably be good to have a back up. Is there a discount if you buy two at the same time?

Thanks for the quick answers, appreciate it!
11-22-2008, 05:36 PM,
Does anyone have an answer to my previous question? Thanks, folks.

Also, how does Toplace handle spiked hair? What style do you order so the hair sticks up more naturally than a comb down (for lack of better words).

Thanks.
11-22-2008, 06:32 PM,
Danieldee,
We dont' currently have a special price for ordering two units--sorry. As for the spikey look, you can either order a spikey front ventilation or a freestyle to acheive that look.
Regards,
John