Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Density
11-04-2008, 08:25 AM,
Density
I know many go with very light density to make the system look real.
I will be transitioning from a hair club to Toplace. Actually my current density is probably 100%.
No scalp or very little is seen. I will probably alternate Toplace and current system until I get the hang of
a quick attachment. What Toplace density should I go with? I can order subsequent systems lighter if necessary.
Still want quick changeover. What densities do stock pieces come in? at these prices I can afford to try 2 different densities.
My hair is black with very slight gray if any.
Thanks
Wiggy
11-04-2008, 10:28 AM,
Re: Density
How short do you wear your hair?
I'm probably going to recommend 70% to 73% because that is what I wear. No scalp shows unless I load up with Waxworks.

I order all 70, no crown, freertyle, bodywave, flatback front. Color 1.
My pics are out there.
11-04-2008, 10:30 AM,
I would say start with a 65% density which is what the stocks are. From there you can decide if you need more or less but this is will work for the transition you are making.
11-04-2008, 10:31 AM,
Fred should be able to hook you up with the correct gray percentage.
11-04-2008, 10:33 AM,
65 will be too thin.
Look at Ba's pics. Those are 65 and show alot of scalp.
11-05-2008, 03:43 AM,
Thanks guys.

I think the higher percentage will not be so drastic. Snipe, thanks for the input. I would like little if any scalp on the first unit. Now if I order poly sides and back, would this be more visable as the unit sheds?

Suggestions for attachment? Probably attach for 2-3 weeks max and need to be able to do this fairly quickly.
11-05-2008, 04:31 AM,
The answer to your question really depends on your side hair. If you have thick sides, you could probably get away with a higher density, but if your sides are thin, blending will become an issue and the piece will look off.
11-05-2008, 01:57 PM,
Snipe mate, I do believe BA thins his pieces out so they could end up being less than 65. These are all different pieces and ordered at 65% and there is no scalp shown here. Densities do vary though, but stocks are pretty consistent and typically 65. If you are younger then go for 70%, I'm in my 30's so 65 is plenty enough for me.

[Image: DSC00278-hairline2.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0009-small.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0004-1.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0007.jpg]
11-05-2008, 07:10 PM,
Rod Wrote:Snipe mate, I do believe BA thins his pieces out so they could end up being less than 65. These are all different pieces and ordered at 65% and there is no scalp shown here. Densities do vary though, but stocks are pretty consistent and typically 65. If you are younger then go for 70%, I'm in my 30's so 65 is plenty enough for me.

[Image: DSC00278-hairline2.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0009-small.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0004-1.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0007.jpg]

Are stocks made of lace or the mono. Yours looks pretty good. Better than my old Hcm units.
11-06-2008, 04:22 AM,
Thanks for the pics. That is about the density I am looking to get started with. How do you attach your system and for how long. That looks really good. My biggest deal about density is my hair does not blow evenly in the wind.
The top is much thicker than the sides and you know what happens, the top seperates from the sides when the wind blows. I would like to know if this is what to expect from a stock piece.