Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perfect fit without a template
11-08-2008, 01:48 PM,
Perfect fit without a template
In 5 years I have been wearing, I have made many templates. It has always been a challenge to get a piece that fit nicely. When I finally asked for the template to be returned, my carefully made template was all crushed flat. No wonder they didn't fit right. I remembered BA saying that he ususally sends in a drawing instead of a template so I decided to give that a try. I made a 1:1 scale drawing and sent that to John. There was a mistake made on the first order but the second time, it came perfect in terms of size, shape, and curvature. This is the best fitting piece ever. I am a believer now. I will never have to make another template. I highly encourage others to try this. Here is the drawing I sent in. (This is not 1:1 but smaller for faster download.)
http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo178...plate2.gif
11-09-2008, 01:28 AM,
Re: Perfect fit without a template
That was very helpful. I really liked your type of piece you created. Do u have any pics?
Thanks
11-09-2008, 04:42 PM,
great idea, I would think this would also save alot of time since a template does not have to be mailed over, you can just email the photo to John or BA, and they can email your order in instead of snail mail.
11-09-2008, 05:32 PM,
But remember I have to also send in the hair sample. If you know the hair color number then, yes, I could get the order in to the factory electronically with a diagram and other specs. But if you're sending in a hair sample/template then I need to physically send it in to the factory.
Regards,
John
11-11-2008, 10:06 AM,
this looks like a good idea, but as an old pro wearing for 20 plus years im a bit confused as to why you have mutiple measurement's from the width?
11-11-2008, 05:59 PM,
Quote:this looks like a good idea, but as an old pro wearing for 20 plus years im a bit confused as to why you have mutiple measurement's from the width?

One's along the curved contour (as if you put a tape measure on your scalp). The other one is going straight across. These two numbers give you a sense of how much curvature is in your scalp.

These two measurements are shown for the width (left to right) and the length (front to back).