Hair Nutrition ....

And I would be out of a job ! Smile

Probably .. there would be no wars, no criticisms,
no obese people ....

Hang on a second ... Let me take another hit off
this bong! Smile

I wonder .. how many people on here felt proud
the first time someone came up behind them and
said ...."Geez ... your hair is starting to fall out ..
You're going bald ! "
11-13-2008, 07:53 AM,
Re: revealing your bald head to girlfriend
This may come as a surprise but Millions of men accept baldness with no issues, my friend.

I don't say be proud I say DON"T be ASHAMED...Huge difference there. I know many guys who are bald and would never think of putting a wig on. It would be too confining and they are comfortable with their look. Would they rather have hair? Of course most would. But they are not ashamed of the way they look and conduct life as normally if not more so than those of us who handcuff ourselves with our own vanity.

I am not "proud" to be bald, nor am I ashamed of it enough to hide the fact I wear if someone were to ask or the subject would come up. It's not my "dirty little secret" I am proud of breaking the "rug stigma" out there when people are surprised to learn.
The more people are fearless about their hair, the less of a stigma it will become. Like anything.
11-13-2008, 08:03 AM,
TomBongi Wrote:I am not "proud" to be bald, nor am I ashamed of it enough to hide the fact I wear if someone were to ask or the subject would come up. It's not my "dirty little secret" I am proud of breaking the "rug stigma" out there when people are surprised to learn.
The more people are fearless about their hair, the less of a stigma it will become. Like anything.

Two thumbs up.

I decided awhile ago that I just don't give a rat's you-know-what. I'm about to put my face on a DVD and all over the internet, and if someone doesn't like it I don't care.

It seems like there are more and more people over the years who aren't afraid to come out of the closet. Society only makes fun of what they perceive someone to be ashamed of. If us hairwearers look good and wear with confidence, it takes away the fuel from the fire.

I think it helps that I shaved for many years before i started wearing and became comfortable with that look, so it's not even a big deal for me. The full cap thing helps as well. No horseshoe to worry about somehow gives you a greater feeling of "security", for lack of a better word.
11-13-2008, 09:40 AM,
tom bongi,
in my case it's more of a nessity, to knot take it off , my head is coered with scars from having a piece sewn into my scalp (sutures) and 3 very bad hair transplants in 1980-81, my head is a jigsaw of scars so there goes the be proud part of it. im stuck with hiding away in the bathroom or wearing a baseball cap the rest of my life.
in all honesty, if i had known the downfall of the transplant's i would not be wearing a toplace , i would have been comfortable in my (birthday) head Big Grin
11-13-2008, 05:16 PM,
weselpotpie Wrote:tom bongi,
in my case it's more of a nessity, to knot take it off , my head is coered with scars from having a piece sewn into my scalp (sutures) and 3 very bad hair transplants in 1980-81, my head is a jigsaw of scars so there goes the be proud part of it. im stuck with hiding away in the bathroom or wearing a baseball cap the rest of my life.
in all honesty, if i had known the downfall of the transplant's i would not be wearing a toplace , i would have been comfortable in my (birthday) head Big Grin

I know what you mean. I can certainly understand the reluctance of a burn victim or scarred person from revealing their "pain" and having to "tell a story" and in your case failed vanity is an especially unsettling story to have to share.

Hair transplants are not all that free from ridicule either. Look what they are doing to Biden! LOL Look at Biden. He obviously has no idea the job was not finished. And the comb over guys. Another group obviously ashamed and trying to hide thier heads as if it were their truly private parts which guys have no trouble "sharing" with total strangers. But God Forbid the rug is lying on the rug in the morning after.
11-14-2008, 01:30 PM,
I can tell you from a woman's perspective. If she really loves you then she will get use to it. I even order my husband's units and found him a hair stylist. He uses tape so that sucker comes off the moment we get home. I don't mind him going around with the old horse shoe at home, but I really like to see him with hair when we are out. I know how much he hates being bald and thank goodness we found Toplace to help him out with that. I can honestly say I get so use to seeing him with hair when we are out I forget it is not real (well, except the latest unit, which I hate, but that is another post). If a guy can get use to a woman without her make up and in sweats then a woman should be able to handle when he is in laid back mode. Hope that helps.