Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
revealing your bald head to girlfriend
11-10-2008, 04:01 AM,
revealing your bald head to girlfriend
supposed you let your gf knows that you are wearing, and suppose they seems to have accepted... but ask if you can show her your bald head, what do you do ?

I personally think this is embarassing and don't think it can be shown. Even if you are marrying the girl.

I have started wearing in the middle of dating my last gf... and since i was in control of the relationship she was pretty OK with it... but after I showed her my bald head she seems to have distanced herself a bit from me... and said she couldnt sleep for a few nights etc etc

Anybody have experience showing your bald head to a girlfriend and regretted you have shown her? just curious
11-10-2008, 05:10 AM,
Re: revealing your bald head to girlfriend
I wear a full cap and recently shaved off even my sideburns, so it isn't that big of a deal. Recently a girl who I dated in the past wanted to see pics of me shaved, so I showed her. Fortunately I'm one of the lucky white guys who can pull off the shaved look, so she was diggin' it. I can understand why you wouldn't want her to see the horseshoe. That look isn't flattering on too many men.

If I get into a serious relationship from this point on she's gonna have to get used to seeing me without hair cause my scalp can't handle going 7 days with a piece.
11-11-2008, 09:54 PM,
JRob Wrote:If I get into a serious relationship from this point on she's gonna have to get used to seeing me without hair cause my scalp can't handle going 7 days with a piece.

Here here!

I showed my girlfriend my head bald in the photo from this website first... she was a little shocked but got used to it. She thought it looked like Mr.Burns! Hence my nick...

Then a few weeks later I slept with her with no hair system, because I simply needed to give my head a break. They will get used to it... Smile
11-12-2008, 01:59 AM,
i have been with my girl 17 year's, of course she knows that i wear a piece, and understands when i need (private) time to do what we have to do. but still she has never seen me without the thing on my head, it still is embarresing, we are both in our 50's so maybe when we are in our 70's i will feel compfortable enough to (go natural) in front of her :lol: guyc
11-12-2008, 04:12 AM,
Pretty amazing stories !

My friend Mike, a hair wearer for over 40 years,
says .. His Wife has never seen him bald ...

At night, Mike removes his piece, and he has
the hugest collection of caps and hats around
the house that he says he can grab in a heartbeat.

For some, revealing their bald dome ...might be
equivalent to saying to one's spouse,

"Could you take off your clothes .. I want to
see how much cellulite has accumulated
on your hips since we've been married" ... or
"I need a real fright today ...Let me look at your
'C' section scars ...

I'm sure they wouldn't like it ...

And since most women now-a-days ... are all
smoke and mirrors ... when they remove their
makeup ... their hair extentions .... the padded
bra and panties .... the slimming, body-sucking-in
latex unit .... they might SCARE their man into
CELIBACY ! Smile

On an added side note:
When I've gone to my stylist for maintenance..
and she removes my piece ... EVEN I don't want
to see my shaven head !
It's like ... Who is that guy

Here's a little test ...

Ask her to show you something about her body
where she feels inadequate (believe me .. she'll
have a list) ... and then ask her ... how does she
feel about that request ...

Tell her you feel the same way about her wanting
to see your shaven head ... of course ... If you have
that perfect domed head ... you might find she's
incredibly turned on !

Just my opinion !
11-12-2008, 02:05 PM,
In the old days I used to take the piece on and off in front of my girlfriend like it was nothing at all. As BA would say, she couldn't give a toss. Nowadays I'm more secretive. But I'll probably eventually go back to the old days.
11-12-2008, 02:26 PM,
I am with those who opt for privacy for my dome.

This is one of the considerations to be borne in mind before wearing a piece. It will make you look better when the piece is on, but you look much less attractive with it off, for 3 reasons. First, you have to shave off the thin hair you had, leaving only the dreaded old man's horseshoe. Second, whereas I have a nice tan on my face, the scalp under my hairpiece is fishbelly white and the skin is not always in the best condition. Despite my best efforts at skin hygiene I get fairly regular pimples, probably because pores get blocked with glue, and because the skin doesn't get much light or fresh air. Thirdly, in order to be in proportion with my hairpiece when it is on, I have to keep the horseshoe hair thick - not a good look when the piece is off.

I made the decision when I started wearing a piece that no one would ever see me with it off. Sure girls are intrigued when they find out you have fake hair, and they nag to see you without it. I have made it clear that I am never going to take it off in front of her, and she has accepted that. Hairpieces are an illusion which we undertake primarily for women's benefit - they want to date a stud with full flowing locks. To let them see the mechanics of how the illusion is achieved is to spoil it for them for ever, like showing someone how a magic trick works.
11-13-2008, 04:41 AM,
emery Wrote:supposed you let your gf knows that you are wearing, and suppose they seems to have accepted... but ask if you can show her your bald head, what do you do ?

I personally think this is embarassing and don't think it can be shown. Even if you are marrying the girl.

I have started wearing in the middle of dating my last gf... and since i was in control of the relationship she was pretty OK with it... but after I showed her my bald head she seems to have distanced herself a bit from me... and said she couldnt sleep for a few nights etc etc

Anybody have experience showing your bald head to a girlfriend and regretted you have shown her? just curious

Your question troubles me for two reasons
1. You may have shared the deepest intimacy with this grirl with no regard to your nakedness
2. You appear to be ashamed of being bald.

Being bald is normal in some manner for 4 of 5 guys.Only ONE out of five men keep ALL of their hair..(many of them look wiggy because of their age.) Take a look around. Most of them are not ashamed of it. Moat of them have no need to cover it up. regardless how bad we think they look they beg to differ. The proof is their reluctance to hide it. I am not one of those people who carries around "this shameful little secret" I am actually proud of how real the hair look and enjoy the look on people's faces when I out myself IF the subject comes up. In every single instance they would not have know and rarely if ever bring it up again.

For me it was more worrisome to deal with the possibility of something really amiss and having no control of the when or where someone may out me. Every girlfriend I had from 23 to my current wife in the past 15 years knew I wore and at one time or another saw me without it. No one left. YEah they laughed. How could they not. One asked me not to wear it, she would rather I be bald then have someone else "biology" with us in our intimate moments LOL When you think about that it makes sense. These are biological units that one belonged and grew out of some else's head!!!

IN any case wear because YOU choose to. But man especially if you are married sometimes you need a break. I am grateful I have never met nor am married to someone who thinks an iota different of me with or without my wig.

I ride a motorcycle everyday with a full thin skin cap and I use Nexgen glue on th front and "Got to be Glued". Do the math when the glue gets old and the hair stays in the helmet..LOL IT has happened twice and I carry a ball cap in my bags because the little rim of hair around my nape WOULD look kinda inordinate in public. But I have let my own hair grow back under the cap so I don't have to worry about that anymore and I can go to the beach without the unit and look like every other bald guy there.

For God Sakes don't be ashamed of being bald. Be glad you can make yourself look better,younger or whatever. Shame should not be part of the equation. It breeds a lack of confidence and that's not attractive. A normal woman would rather date a confident bald man then a shameful and fear filled man with fake hair.

When people know you take the fear away of being outed. I can easily explain to anyone why I wear my hair if they ask. I either start to peel it back which does gross them out or show them a picture of my without it I carry around. They "get it" some still think its wierd but I cannot stress about that. Since I have been wearing a full cap I am far less paranoid bout matching since these things oxidize quickly.
11-13-2008, 05:17 AM,
Good post Tom!

This hair thing is very personal for some people, and I respect that. Although I have never really been paranoid, I know that going to a full cap has changed the way I look at it all.

The other day I went to the dentist with no hair. I did wear a baseball cap backwards, but nothing underneath. A few days later I went back with my unit ON, and nobody gave me a second glance. I'm getting more and more brave about using the unit as an "accessory" as opposed to a "necessity".

I agree. It's very liberating not to have that little secret you always have to hide. Most of my friends know. Funny thing is, this is such a NON ISSUE that one guy I know I told months and months ago that I wear. It became obvious that he hadn't told his wife, because over halloween I dressed as Mr Clean and was totally shaven. Her comment to me was "I can't believe you shaved your head just for halloween!

Wars, recession, politics.....who really puts THAT much thought into our hair?

Only we do.
11-13-2008, 05:34 AM,
JRob Wrote:Good post Tom!

This hair thing is very personal for some people, and I respect that. Although I have never really been paranoid, I know that going to a full cap has changed the way I look at it all.

The other day I went to the dentist with no hair. I did wear a baseball cap backwards, but nothing underneath. A few days later I went back with my unit ON, and nobody gave me a second glance. I'm getting more and more brave about using the unit as an "accessory" as opposed to a "necessity".

I agree. It's very liberating not to have that little secret you always have to hide. Most of my friends know. Funny thing is, this is such a NON ISSUE that one guy I know I told months and months ago that I wear. It became obvious that he hadn't told his wife, because over halloween I dressed as Mr Clean and was totally shaven. Her comment to me was "I can't believe you shaved your head just for halloween!

Wars, recession, politics.....who really puts THAT much thought into our hair?

Only we do.

I did that once a a Halloween Party and some we amazed at the "skull cap" LOL

The bottomline is many think people around them don;t know. But they may anyway. The whispers in the corners.

The other thing to remember is YOU will notice EVERYONE else's hair because you wear. Most people "assume" its your hair unless it looks like the stereotype. And it IS your hair (you paid for it) Wink

I have seen some units 99% of people WITH HAIR would never suspect. Idon;t wear for other wearers. That would be stressful. I write music and record it. I don't make recordings for other "recording engineers" they will find all kinds of issues. If they don;t all the better. But I wear for the avg Joe Plumber who has hair. Everyone does not have perfect hair everyday. Those that do are spending far too much time in front of mirrors and less time living life.

I just think for some it's more stressful to wear then not.