Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help! fray check
11-10-2008, 11:00 AM,
help! fray check
Hi Guys

Some advise needed, I am currently wearing a french lace unit and i am using blue liner tape as the first layer then adding a second layer of st30 tape all round.

The problem im having is trying to keep the front down as i get some lift, the front lace has started to fray a little which doesnt help either, I have heard about this fray check and just wanted to know how to apply it as it has been given some good feedback on this forum.

Sorry if this has been answered before!

Also is it easy to remove and how do i go about.

Thnaks in advance
11-11-2008, 06:34 AM,
Re: help! fray check
bump...
11-16-2008, 12:03 PM,
Well I must say your a helpful bunch arnt ya.....
11-16-2008, 12:58 PM,
BA is the fray check guru, you may want to post this under "ask BA" , I would comment but I've never used it, but I did see him demonstrate it at the last convention. you put it on the front area , after you have set the lace down into the glue and allowed it to dry. apply the fray check with your finger and it helps hide any edge. it also would , I assume, help with fraying.
I use the knot sealer on lace pieces as it also helps with fraying...but it really should be applied on a new system and then you don't get the fraying to start with.
I would trim the frayed part back a bit and then apply either the frey check or the knot sealer.
DebbieS.
11-16-2008, 01:05 PM,
I would take some very small scissors and trim up the damaged lace.

I havent personally used the fray check yet, but there is a thread here somewheres about applying it. I looked but didnt find it.
I think I remember it being said to put the hair on like you normally, then apply a thin layer to the front edge of the hairline, over the lace and some on the scalp.
With a q-tip.
Currently, I do this with that got2beglued, and it helps block lint, dirt and dust from collecting in that area.
11-16-2008, 10:51 PM,
I have been using the Fray Check for about a month. I apply it <i><b>very</i></b>thinly where the lace meets ends. If you apply too much (as I did the first few attempts), I find it becomes very difficult to remove from the lace. I have found it helps keep the lace down, especially if you wash your hair daily as I do.

Cheers