Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Cap wearers and shaving undeneath.
11-13-2008, 05:43 AM,
Full Cap wearers and shaving undeneath.
HI guys,

I don;t poke in here much over the last 8 or so years I have been with TopLace (back in the Mike in Philly days) usually when I am about to re order to see if anything is new and exciting in the wig world.

Anyway I went to a full cap a few months ago and shaved my head (except for a thin rim in back. I have since let my hair grow back under the cap because I have pulled the unit off inside my motorcycle helmet a couple times and a NORMAL bald head is far more acceptable than that which has a caterpillar sleeping at the nape of the neck. And it works out better for those days at the beach or when I leave the hair at home.

My question is Am I alone in wearing a full cap with a close cut horseshoe? I find the cap sticks to the hair with the Got to BE Glues pretty good for a couple weeks while I use NexGen on the front and temples.
11-13-2008, 06:00 AM,
Re: Full Cap wearers and shaving undeneath.
If you have good hair in the nape, I think it's not a bad idea to leave that hair. If you don't, I think you can just shave it all off or use concealer to thicken the nape hair. I currently use about a half inch strip for the nape. I use concealer to thicken that strip. It's not a perfect solution, but it's pretty good. Why are you considering making a change in your template?
11-13-2008, 07:47 AM,
dino Wrote:If you have good hair in the nape, I think it's not a bad idea to leave that hair. If you don't, I think you can just shave it all off or use concealer to thicken the nape hair. I currently use about a half inch strip for the nape. I use concealer to thicken that strip. It's not a perfect solution, but it's pretty good. Why are you considering making a change in your template?

I tried that and it look \s to strange when I go without the unit. So I decided to continue with the Full cap but wear it over my hair. Anywhere skin would normally be seen are the areas where skin is. I was wondering if anyone else did that.

I am not a FT wearer. I will give the head a break now and then especially when going to the beach and the overgrown caterpillar look on the nape won;t fly as "normal" .
11-13-2008, 07:55 AM,
Check out some of the youtube videos of the black ladies rockin' the full lace wigs.

They can get away with a lot more since they don't have to worry nearly as much about density as we do, but a lot of them keep their existing hair and apply the full cap on top.

I know keeping the nape hair helps, but it also holds you back. I went from keeping a tiny bit of nape hair and sideburns to completely shaving, and it gives me a lot of freedom since now if I want to go to the beach or on my buddy's wakeboarding boat all I have to do is whip off the piece and go.
11-13-2008, 05:23 PM,
JRob Wrote:Check out some of the youtube videos of the black ladies rockin' the full lace wigs.

They can get away with a lot more since they don't have to worry nearly as much about density as we do, but a lot of them keep their existing hair and apply the full cap on top.

I know keeping the nape hair helps, but it also holds you back. I went from keeping a tiny bit of nape hair and sideburns to completely shaving, and it gives me a lot of freedom since now if I want to go to the beach or on my buddy's wakeboarding boat all I have to do is whip off the piece and go.

Thats total and complete freedom YOU control your circumstances. You want to ride a motorcycle without a helmet as I do in the summer with a ball cap or not do it. There are a host of things, places and even lighting wig wearers will avoid, I work under bright mercury vapor lights in a Music Store. You can see the edge of the poly if the angle is right. Do I worry about it> No. People aren't LOOKING for that tiny flaw, PLUS I keep my hair looking like I'm between haircuts and not perfectly coiffed. Like my bike, I don;t want it to look like I am always riding home from the Dealer with a new bike. LOL It looks like its actually ridden.
11-14-2008, 04:06 AM,
TomBongi Wrote:PLUS I keep my hair looking like I'm between haircuts and not perfectly coiffed. Like my bike, I don;t want it to look like I am always riding home from the Dealer with a new bike. LOL It looks like its actually ridden.

That's why I highly recommend styling products. Everything you do that most people would never associate with a hairpiece adds to the illusion. Highlights, low/proper density, the cut, and the styling all contribute to the realism of a piece.
11-14-2008, 06:38 AM,
TomBongi Wrote:Do I worry about it> No. People aren't LOOKING for that tiny flaw, PLUS I keep my hair looking like I'm between haircuts and not perfectly coiffed. Like my bike, I don;t want it to look like I am always riding home from the Dealer with a new bike. LOL It looks like its actually ridden.

Exactly buddy! This is the bottom line...

I'm now wearing a nearly 5 month old unit, and it looks VERY ridden! The SFS hairline is coming apart with lots of fray and some holes, but it looks good and messy, not ultra tidy Smile

Totally realistic in otherwords!!