Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the concealers experts
11-13-2008, 06:13 AM,
For the concealers experts
I still use a little concealer for the half inch strip of my own nape hair that I keep. I might give up that strip soon, but it works pretty well right now. My problem with the concealers is that, no matter which one I try, it gets onto my shirt collars every days. I have to wear a collared shirt for work. I don't use much concealer and it still happens. I use a little hairspray on top of the concealer and it still happens. I keep the "neckline" very high and it still happens. I clean my neck with 91% alcohol on cotton balls before putting on my shirt and it still happens. On the days that I haven't used concealer, i don't have this problem. Is there anything else I can do to prevent this ring around the collar from the concealer?
11-13-2008, 07:58 AM,
Re: For the concealers experts
Welcome to the World of Concealers !

On the back of the neck ?
Interesting ... I went years before I discovered
that Men's hair spray in the blue can and using it ..
I could have kept MOST of the concealer from
coming off on pillows, clothes ....

After 20 years ... of soiled pillowcases, dust
emanating from my hair, dirty fingernails ...
I wore 'DARKLY' colored shirts .... just because
I might scratch my head and accidentally touch
my shirt ...

So ... I'm interested ... if anyone in their
infinite wisdom .. has a solution.
11-13-2008, 08:16 AM,
I am currently using fake Dermmatch sideburns. It's pretty cool to be able to smear a little makeup on your face to pull off the illusion of hair!

As for keeping it off the collar.....man, I don't now what to tell you.

It seems like we could use a special concealer that is a little more industrial strength.

I am flying out to meet with the lab staff and tour their facilities next Wednesday and I plan on asking them a few questions about the possibility of developing a product that will help to cover small bald spots better than what'salready out there. My problem is that I get thin patches in a few different areas of my full cap, and I would benefit from a concealer that comes in a "paste" form to be able to cover lace and skin better than a powder. Maybe more of a wax based product.

Might be next on my list...we shall see.
11-13-2008, 09:16 AM,
JRob...I like Couvre, which comes in an "ointment" form (kind of like toothpaste).

Count...which spray in a blue can and is it likely better than the Suave hairspray I use on my hair that has concealer on it? By the way, the worst episode I ever experienced was when I was the best man in a wedding party, and I had bad ring around the collar on this crisp white shirt (with the best man's tuxedo) by picture time. :o Sometimes you have to do a white shirt.