Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seriously considering a piece
11-13-2008, 05:16 PM,
Seriously considering a piece
Hey all,

Well for the past few years I used toppik with great success, it covered my diffused hair loss quite well. Fast forward to now, I am having a great difficulty achieving the same flawless coverage. Moreover, I guess because I have less hair on my head, the fibers appear chunkier and messy. By the time I am done styling it looks like I have dirt chunks in my hair. The hair is also very brittle and that definitely does not help the appearance.

As far as the overall hair goes, I guess I have enough on my head that when I wash it, blowdry the hair, the hair loss is not very noticeable unless someone is looking at an extreme light. As soon as I start styling it/putting it up you can see the scalp very clearly. I am 23 years old and clearly it is of the most importance to get an unnoticeable piece that fits my hair as well as possible.

What would you guys suggest? I don't mind using clips as long as everything is unnoticeable or even glue (I don't mind shaving to a buzz cut).

Thank you!
11-14-2008, 09:58 AM,
Re: Seriously considering a piece
if you have a decent hairline u could wear a partial lace piece just behind it and it would be basically undetectable and provide easier maintenance. the advantage here is that u don't have to deal with any hairline issues that other wearers deal with (mediocre attachments, sweat loosening some of the hairline, dirt/dust that is sometimes collected right at the hairline, etc). Otherwise you will just have to get a topper like everyone else and most of the time (if you get good at attaching) you will look/feel much better than you do now. you will certainly have bad days where you don't look your best, and you may even obsess that others know and get down on yourself, but you will have days (hopefully more than 50%) where you feel like a million bucks and that this is the real you.
11-14-2008, 12:36 PM,
Thanks for the reply spurzo. What do you mean exactly by decent hairline? My hairline is intact and not receded, however, the hair is definitely thin (If i style it up, the scalp is very visible and you can see the fact that I am missing hair). How would a partial lace piece fit in? What do I touch it to? Any one who is wearing a partial piece would be kind enough to speak about their experiences?
11-14-2008, 08:00 PM,
Hi mate,

I got the same problem. I have been having thinning hair since I was 22(I'm 24 now). Have been using toppik for the last 2 years. It was easy at first as it was just a small bald patch at the back of the head but recently the front is thinning too.

Almost everyday when I put on toppik, I find myself wondering if it will be easier to just get a hairpiece. But the main thing keeping me back if the fear that a hairpiece won't make that much of a difference(I still have a acceptable amount of hair,at least to me) and that I will have to bear with the hassle of caring for the piece.

Any oldtimers here got a similar experience before they took the plunge? What do you guys suggest?
Does alandman have any photos of your current hair so that we can compare n see if our densities are similar. (I'll post some photos when I'm free to take some without toppik on).

Cheers