Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exposed hairline
11-15-2008, 05:06 PM,
Exposed hairline
Hey guys,

I have a french lace but I am quite sure I cannot expose the hairline. The knots just are too visible, plus the lace does not vanish much. But I am going to go get Fray check to see if I can get away with it for now. So Im thinking about getting a SFS instead, as most of you say it is the best for hairlines. Is it as fragile as they say?
If it is, what about I-Lace instead? It seems the knots would not be visible and it disapears on the scalp. Any good experiences with I lace?

Thanks
11-16-2008, 03:39 AM,
Re: Exposed hairline
Patrick128 Wrote:So Im thinking about getting a SFS instead, as most of you say it is the best for hairlines. Is it as fragile as they say?

Yes. It won't last nearly as long as French with normal wear and tear. Of course, it's still a much better option for exposing the front. However, you will still have the problem of much less original knot bleaching that we are seeing these days.
11-17-2008, 11:21 AM,
Anyone use I-Lace? Is it heavy and annoying? Or is it like SFS? Can you expose a front hairline?
11-17-2008, 11:52 AM,
I don't buy into the sfs is so fragile mantra. I've never had a problem ripping the lace on those, I think they're quite strong. As far as them not lasting as long, my hair color would start to fade and get brassy way before the lace was used up, and then I would replace the unit so it didn't matter. Don't not get an sfs piece because you think it's too fragile, trust me. However, you will have the same knot issue with sfs (if they're not properly bleached). With i-lace you still need to have an sfs perimeter because the ilace is not good for hairlines, but for scalp appearance they are unbeatable. And again, same issues with knots on the sfs perimeter. i've had sfs hairlines completely exposed and it looked completely natural, no one could tell.
11-17-2008, 01:26 PM,
Thanks Spurzo,

I was wondering about the ILace because of the description on the bases. Said the Ilace was great for exposed hairline. But if I have to special order a sfs front, might as well just get an SFS base and keep it simple huh? Thanks again for the advice.
11-17-2008, 02:49 PM,
Anyone use a Poly Skin Base and expose the hairline?
11-17-2008, 06:55 PM,
Patrick128 Wrote:Thanks Spurzo,

I was wondering about the ILace because of the description on the bases. Said the Ilace was great for exposed hairline. But if I have to special order a sfs front, might as well just get an SFS base and keep it simple huh? Thanks again for the advice.

The scalp on the i-lace is second to none. It is also sturdy.

SFS is "fragile", but if you are careful and make sure the solvent you are using loosens the lace, you'll be fine.
My i-lace has an sfs front, so I am literally looking at the i-lace and sfs side by side; I will contine to order the i-lace with sfs front. It's fab. Smile
11-18-2008, 03:33 AM,
Sassy is there a big difference in feeling Ilace on the side of your head compared to any of the laces?

Have you ever did ilace in the middle with lace around the side or thin skin around the sides?

Thank you
11-18-2008, 07:32 PM,
I've had an i-lace with just sfs in the front and am currently doing an i-lace "island".
Definitely less bulk by having a lace perimeter.
The system I have right now has SFS all the way around, but the one on order had SFS front and French sides.
I haven't ever tried the thinskin, so I can't comment on that.
Smile
11-18-2008, 09:15 PM,
Hi Sassy,

Thanks for the reply. The French lace isnt to bulky, really dont notice it. I ahve the SFS coming soon. Im sure its better, even if its a small difference. But being able to get a realistic looking hairline is my first priority, and Ill go from there. You and many others have said SFS is the best for realism. Ill let ya' know. But I am still curious about the PSB too. Seems like those are easier for cleanup and longer wearing time.