Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie questions
11-16-2008, 01:17 AM,
Newbie questions
I'm now prepairing my order. I just have few questions in the process.

I would like to go with this style:
[Image: James+Sutton+e6.jpg]
I first thought about ordering TL-500 3" SFS Front Plus French Base - Hairstyle: Freestyle - density 75% (I'm aiming for a slightly lower density as the sample picture to make the transition beter).
:?: Is this advisable for this style?

:?: Someone mentioned that its best to have a flatback style so its easyer to put up the front style. Does it mean that Freestyle doesnt make that so easy?

:?: What would you advice me regarding "wave and curl"?

:?: If I dont add highlites to my piece, will it look like its 1 plain color as it would have been colored in 1 color? Or does it have somewhat light shading? Is there a sample picture of highlights (with its %)?

Thank you.

With kind regards,
Pete
11-16-2008, 05:15 AM,
Re: Newbie questions
I don't know too much (as I'm still waiting on my first piece), but based on what everyone has been saying about hair density, 75% is NOT LESS THAN THAT SAMPLE PIC YOU POSTED...it's actually gonna look a lot more.

Based on pictures I've seen, if you want the front to not aim downwards, then go with flatback (aka spikey) style for the front, and freestyle everywhere else.

If you have lots of hair on the side (temple hair) then this style should be easily achievable!

Hope that helps somewhat =)

Leamon
11-16-2008, 06:19 AM,
Leamon, for a newbie, you have great answers.
75% density is a lot of hair. personally, I'd go with 65% for this look. when you send in a sample of hair, they use several differnt colors of hair to achieve one color, so without highlights, the hair still looks natural and not one solid color. but adding a few highlights is always fun.
if you are always going to wear the hair UP in the front, the order spikey, but if you want the option of wearing it down , order freestyle. freestyle will spike up just fine with a little product.
DebbieS.
11-16-2008, 09:20 AM,
Yea, go with 70% MAX. Even then you might have to cheat it with product to get it to look the way you want.

Keep in mind that you need to take into account the condition of your existing hair. If your sides are thinning I wouldn't go any higher than 65.

That pic actually looks a lot like the piece Debbie cut short for me at the Windsor convention. Mine started out at about 70%+ but has since shed down to probably less than 60% on top and is thinner than the pic you posted at this point. Mine is a medium wave unit, but you have some flexibility with the curl when cutting it that short. I would say just go with bodywave.
11-16-2008, 10:57 AM,
Thank you kindly for the information Leamon, Debby & JRob.

Well I would like to have my hair facing downward (unstyled) and style it from there upward as I do now. So I'm following Debby's advice of going with freestyle all the way.

Okay I'm going with 70% max (and section 3 and 6 will be 65% since its also thinner with my real hair).

Regarding the "wave and curl" part. I noticed the person on the picture has a bit curling going on but I only have very light curling and its only visual when my hair is +2 inch of lenght. Which curling would you advice then (if any)?

With kind regards,
Pete
11-16-2008, 01:06 PM,
quite honestly, I would just order an all lace stock unit, as its got all the specs you want. they come + or- 65%, and with a slight wave. you can make a template and cut it down to any size you want.
I wish you were near me, You are the type of customer I LOVE to have in the salon where I can take a stock unit, customize it for you and have you leave the salon looking like a million bucks!
we love customers like you that show up at conventions.....you have perfect specs for a stock unit.
DebbieS.
11-17-2008, 09:05 AM,
It is indeed not so easy for me to get it done by a pro like youself since I'm located in Europe. But I think I should manage it with a little practice. Yet there is also a small chance I will join the meeting in Barcelona.

Why would you advice me an all lace piece over a TL500? I would like to expose the front, so I think a TL500 would be better after reading the information, wouldnt it?

With kind regards,
Pete
11-17-2008, 11:38 AM,
Hey Pete,

I just got my first cut in the other day. My best advise is to really watch the density. I have a stock unit that was 65%. ITS ALOT OF HAIR, and it can freak you out at first! I really thinned it out to get it to look right. As Debbie and everyone says, really take a look at your own hair for realistic looking density and blending.
My second word of advice is, for an exposed hairline and the style you want to achieve, get and SFS! No french lace. Its where I went wrong, and it really does not blend into the skin well. I just placed an order for a SFS stock, that BA is sending out tomorrow, so I can get back to exposing a hairline. I might even try an I-LACE if I get good advice on it.

Patrick128