Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to the forum, but not to wearing hair
11-18-2008, 03:27 AM,
New to the forum, but not to wearing hair
I must admit, I am VERY impressed with the clientelle and the overal organzation team at toplace.com. I admit, I have never ordered directly from toplace.com, but they are on my radar for my next hair system.

I started wearing over 10 years ago and my first experience was an absolute nightmare situation. Everyone knew and I never felt confident with it. I decided to just be thin for a few years and after moving to Atlanta GA back in 99 I decided to give it another chance. I found a local solution and was a monthly client with them for almost two years and I regained my faith in what hair could do.

Then, in 2005 I was able to trade out services with a very well know firm in CA that many have spoke about (high prices) and got two of their custom system made to order. I was impressed and they were PHENONINAL. I was a lucky one that got all services and system for trade of my services, which was a blessing for me.

Since then, I have done business with a few others around the country and always listen in to what others are saying and I have to say that the folks here at toplace seem to have serving thier customers at the number one spot in the companies direction of moving forward.

The pics I have seen here are absolutely unreal and look so great. It just goes to show that you do not have to pay a fortune to look good. That you do not need a custom stylist at a particular salon to cutin a system and that you CAN do this all yourself (with a little patience and skill).

Here is a pic of my latest system. It is not that close up, but all I have at the moment.

[Image: l_e400999d43f43fd167a0d166218fcb11.jpg]

I read a post earlier about receiving compliments and I have to share with you this one.. I was to leave out for a show in Miami FL last Monday and just had to have a haircut. Well, my stylist was not available and I was referred to another salon to meet with someone else. I got there and this very sophisticated guy with perfect hair comes walking out and introduces himself. He then asks me what I wanted to do and I started explaining to him that "part of this is not real". Well, he literally jumped back and said, "yes, I can see the highlights were placed there. Is that what you are referring to?" I then told him, "no, part of this is not real". He was in shock and said that whomever did that for you did an absolutely amazing job as it was foolproof. That made me feel so good and I immediately thought back to the comments and pics I have read/seen on this board.

Its not about trying to hide anything, it's all about making yourself look as good as possible. I said a long time ago that this is probably the only thing in my life that I will pay good money for to assure that noone ever notices. LOL

Toplace folks, you are the best and your knowledge gets an A+.. I cannot wait to be the next toplace.com customer.

Have a great day folks.
11-18-2008, 05:36 AM,
Re: New to the forum, but not to wearing hair
Great post, Kevin! Welcome to the team Smile
11-18-2008, 11:16 AM,
great post. Much of this hair game is about confidence. You surely have it and you look fabulous!! I wish for all newbies to get to the place you are at. But i can tell them, that with a bit of practice and knowledge, this is what can be accomplished! Thanks for posting your great look, others will be inspired.
DebbieS.
11-18-2008, 03:04 PM,
Nice shoes, dude.
11-19-2008, 05:01 AM,
boy on the old forum you would of had at least a dozen replys by now its sure is quiet... your hair looks great Smile
11-20-2008, 12:43 AM,
Looking good Kevin!

Is that a Farrell hairpiece you are wearing in the picture? You seem to have buzzed sides and quite a long style on the top. Is all the long part your hairpiece, and the buzzed sides your real hair? Do you have any issues with blending in a style like that?

Teddy
11-21-2008, 03:46 AM,
DebbieS. Wrote:great post. Much of this hair game is about confidence. You surely have it and you look fabulous!! I wish for all newbies to get to the place you are at. But i can tell them, that with a bit of practice and knowledge, this is what can be accomplished! Thanks for posting your great look, others will be inspired.
DebbieS.

Thanks Debbie. I appreciate it. I was kind of forced to do this all on my own as the Farrell Salon here in Atlanta literally shut their doors here. Therefore, services were few and far between. I learned quickly how to do all of this and found it to be quite a simple process. Just a little time consuming, but knowing you can handle it 100% is the greatest feeling in the world. I have learned mroe and more tricks of the trade and find it amazing that some people seem to think that only those salons can do the work that we all do at home..
11-21-2008, 03:46 AM,
Madbull Wrote:Nice shoes, dude.

LOL.. Thanks.. I bought them jsut for that outfit.. :-)
11-21-2008, 03:48 AM,
jake1980 Wrote:boy on the old forum you would of had at least a dozen replys by now its sure is quiet... your hair looks great Smile

Hi Jake, thanks for the compliment.. I appreciate it! That was one a cruise back in May and I got a ton of compliments on the ship and even got hit on a few times. LOL
11-21-2008, 03:55 AM,
Baldrich Wrote:Looking good Kevin!

Is that a Farrell hairpiece you are wearing in the picture? You seem to have buzzed sides and quite a long style on the top. Is all the long part your hairpiece, and the buzzed sides your real hair? Do you have any issues with blending in a style like that?

Teddy

Actually, it is not a Farrell piece. The one I have here is actually a stock piece that a friend of mine in Huntsville AL (owns a hair replacement salon) had ordered for me to "try out". It had light blonde highlights in it and when we put it on, I fell in love with it. I felt that the highlights added another dimension to the whole hair wearing thing because not a lot of people would suspect your hair to be fake with highlights (unless an obvious mismatch of course).

The buzzed sides are the key for me. Gives the realistic approach. Blending can be a challenge, but a good stylist with a razor comb and a guy with hair goop can do wonders. I find that perfection is almost as visible as being way to obvious that you are wearing hair. No ones hair is perfect, why should ours be?

A few weeks ago I received my latest system and would love to share some pics of it. I went to the EXTREME and told them to do some seriously chunky highlights in it. Almost surfer chunky and THEY DID.. This system came back and I was absolutely AMAZED and excited. We got it in place and did the cut-in and I could not be happier. VERY VERY blonde highlights and lot's of them. Attended a show in Milwaukee and went out afterwards and someone came up to me at the bar we were all at, sat down beside me and said, "you are hot and I love your hair.."and then ran their finger through it..kinda freaked me a bit but HEY I AM NOT SCARED. LOL