Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toplace Vs others
11-18-2008, 01:58 PM,
Toplace Vs others
I know this has been discussed. I just saw a thread that was locked but I would like to make a comment since I did not get a chance to do so and it might help a newbie on the fence. I am not one of those who only posts good things about Toplace. I have made both positive and negative comments on TL in the past (and criticized by a few fervant TL supporters on negative comments).

I have purchased hair from 4 differnt online companies over the years and I still use 2. I don't want to have a single source. Toplace and Coopiece are definitely better than others. TL is still slightly cheaper. I think CP usually does a better job at matching specs but the differnce is minor. Both factories make mistakes (understandably) but TL's better at resolving the problem to my satisfaction. CP tends to make corrections/adjustments on the same unit whereas TL does not hesitate to remake a brand new unit and I find that it comes out better when they are remade instead of tweaking a unit that wasn't right.

Now to lower the expectations for someone who is relatively new.....
No matter where you get your hair, don't expect anything close to perfection. I laugh when I see something like 63% density. You might get 55%, you might get 70%. I learned to live with it as long as it is not way off. Don't wait till the last minute and always have one or more back-up units. Once, I got my order in 5 weeks (without expedited service). Another time, it took 8 months from beginning to end with a couple of remakes in the middle. If you have backup units, you won't be so stressed.

Lastly, I hate wearing hair. If you look half decent with shaved head, don't get a hairpiece. Just shave. Once you start, it's very difficult to stop. You will be messing with glues, tapes, adjusting hair color, density, gray hair, size......it's endless. But if you decide to wear, Toplace is a good place to start.
11-18-2008, 03:46 PM,
Re: Toplace Vs others
Hi Jaycee,

I do not think this is the right forum to discuss or even compare Toplace with others, or rather, Coolpiece. If not, you will be bombarded by the petty lady, X..... One of the sarcastic women I ever "met" in my entire life. Get a life.

I agree with you that both Toplace and Coolpiece are way much better than many other companies, such as HL, H4U, etc. Nevertheless, please do not expect anything close to perfection or something beyond your expectation. If you lower your expectation, you will be astounded by the units you receive from Toplace though. It can be easily resolved by e-mailing BA or John (if anything to be corrected) instead of discussing here (that will piss BA off). Everyone has his/her own preference and expectation. Again, just get real and do not expect something that will come out as $2000 while you are only paying $200. I know people will say that Farrell does not necessarily better than Toplace. Labor cost matters.
11-19-2008, 07:15 AM,
Let me make something clear here. You probably dont know me well. I been on this forum for a very long time. All the way back when this forum was not even associated with toplace, When BA didnt even own the company. This forum was like an open "unbiased" forum. And i always used to speak my opinion. If there was a company I liked that was outperforming toplace, i used to say it, If i found a new material from another company that was better, i used to tell people about it on here, And i took heat for it too. In fact I was even banned from the forum before. So you got me all wrong. If it was up to me, I would really like talking about different companies and whos better and all that, But Im just giving my advice that its not the right place anymore to have those kind of discussions. Toplace is being honest, i respect that. They are saying its no longer an open forum. Its for toplace customers and products and to talk about hair wearing in general. And if you start talking about other companies, loyalists will either attack you, or close the thread, so ur wasting your time, and ur not gonna get the right information.

I dont blame toplace, because when they had an open forum, all the other companies used to come here and market their products, or steal ideas from toplace. So they really had no choice, They had to do the practical thing. It was getting out of hand. So I use their free service, and respect their rules.

All you have to know is, toplace is known to treat their customers right. And if your interested in seeking different products, different companies, I really feel the best way is to make up your own mind. John said it best. it is like going to a honda dealer, and then asking about a car from GM. I have tried numerous companies, if anyone wants to know my personal opinion about pros and cons of any of them, You can email me and i will share my opinion honestly. but if you look through all the threads, toplace has had numerous happy clients from all over, x farrell clients, x hcm, x hairdirect etc etc, and they came here and many were satisfied.

I dont know how to be any more clear on this greeney then I just did in this post. I hope you have the intelligence to understand what I am saying finally.
11-19-2008, 11:54 AM,
Xeon, I support your opinion 100%. I have only been here for a year and a half but have read the old forum from back to front. I don't think that any newbie will ever take the time to research the old forum. This is truly a shame.

The family feeling has been lost somewhere along the line and there is still no way to search this new and so called improved forum.

I for one really miss the old forum.
11-19-2008, 03:20 PM,
ditto

this makes my first post on this new forum.
I pulled my hair out (no not really) trying to figure out how to search.
The old forum is one of many things I miss.

Toplace remains a very competitively priced supplier and has a forum to boot,
something others do not have. Some of us will always remember BA working around
the clock to make things right.

Having said that, the before and after are a complete makeover. Toplace has
morphed into a real company, looking after its own interests, as it should. Some things
from before I do miss.

I was one who warned when Jeff from Advent came on the forum talking about what a "good job"
everyone was doing at TL. To which i said "huh?". I smelled a rat. Then Jeff puts injected
lace on his website like he was the first to come out with it, and right now is the only other site
advertising ST-30 (it's not).

Good for Toplace.

I just wish you could bring back the old forum.

- AG
11-19-2008, 04:34 PM,
This forum is not an open forum? I did not know that we are not supposed to discuss other companies here. Is that true? I hope not.
11-19-2008, 05:05 PM,
When i speak about open or not open. what i meant was, this forum was originally a general hair loss forum. It wasn't specifically a toplace forum. Now it is. That doesnt mean you cant say anything. Its just that direct questions of what company is better toplace or joesrugs is not gonna be favorable here. Its just basically a common sense thing man. If you owned a company and paid for and provided a forum for your customers. Would you want your competitors promoted on YOUR forum? Now if they said ohhhh.. this is a completely open forum, and then started locking threads, then id be bitching myself. Which i used to do in the past, during this forums "transitional" phase. But they made it clear, its kind of a common sense understandable position. And I give toplace a lot of credit for having their forum open for so long. They used to let their competitors come on here all the time, but things got out of hand, so i dont blame them.

I agree, with the people above, It feels like something died on this new forum. And its not just the format thats different. All the names I used to remember on here, seems like a lot of people disappeared.
11-20-2008, 09:50 AM,
All I can say .. is I wish BA, John and Debbie ..
a long and prosperous life ... and success in this
industry ... because their attention to detail and
us, as customers ...

is instrumental to our success as
hairwearers, as well as our wallets

as well as having an affordable, great-looking
alternative to the mega-buck, hair clubs with
their amateurish and untrained stylists ...
11-20-2008, 10:11 AM,
[Image: 54.jpg]

haha
11-21-2008, 06:43 AM,
striking resemblance