Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I-Lace: does it attach the same as french lace? (& other ?s)
11-21-2008, 08:02 AM,
I-Lace: does it attach the same as french lace? (& other ?s)
I currently use tape to attach my french lace with poly sides unit. But my newest system has an i-lace strip from front to back. (To cover my thin but very dark natural hair that was showing through the french lace after about 5-6 days of attachment). I think the i-lace looks great, but I am a bit worried about how it will look at the front hairline. I do have a small amount of natural hair growing at the bang, but it is thin and only about 1/4-1/2 wide. Would some type of glue be better? Or is tape still a good choice?

And is cleaning going to be any different with i-lace? Any tips for attachment, cleaning, knot sealing, etc. would be greatly appreciated!

I was also wondering how long the average life of an i-lace system normally is. Would it be a better choice to go with a mostly i-lace system with french lace edges for a longer life span?

I know I have asked a lot of questions here, but feel free to answer whichever ones you please!
11-23-2008, 03:41 AM,
Re: I-Lace: does it attach the same as french lace? (& other ?s)
Hi;
The I-lace is probably, in my opinion, the most realistic scalp appearance Ive ever seen, however, the material is a bit thicker than sfs or french lace and therefore may not be suitable for some hairlines. I word it like this because some have created a great look at the front hairline with i-lace, I just have never been able to. so, what most do is get an i-lace island which is i-lace in the middle with french or sfs lace around the perimeter. this is ok if you have a higher density to cover wear the two materials join together. you can attach i-lace just as you would any base, clean up is the same also.
release real well with 99% or lace release and then mirror slide if necessary. clean your scalp with PURE or any glue remover.
I hope this helps with some of your questions.
DebbieS.