Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Experiences with ADF to Restore Color/Get rid of Reds?
12-28-2008, 02:18 AM,
Experiences with ADF to Restore Color/Get rid of Reds?
I'm wanting to get rid of some of the reds and golds in my topper. So I ordered the ADF stuff. It's evidently changed names now, but it's the same stuff. Can anyone tell me about their experiences with doing this? I want to make sure I'm not going to get a dramatic change with one application. My understanding is that the changes will be subtle, but I'd like to hear about your experiences. I'm just looking to restore the darker color. I know Debbie sells a similar product. So any experiences with that would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!
12-29-2008, 07:06 AM,
Re: Experiences with ADF to Restore Color/Get rid of Reds?
The ADF color conditioner is good stuff and does what it claims. You do have some control over the degree of coloring based on how much you apply and how long you leave it on. It's a temporary solution, though--- the color won't really last through more than a couple shampoos. However, you don't have to use that much so it's not that big of a deal to buy a bottle and comb some in and re-do it every week or whatever to maintain an aging piece.
12-30-2008, 03:59 AM,
Thanks for the info.
01-02-2009, 10:08 AM,
I agree. I like the ADF products and as the above poster says, they do what they claim. I also like the fact that they are easy to use and they condition the hair.
DebbieS.
01-03-2009, 08:34 AM,
Thanks, Debbie.

One question that occurred to me after I posted this, is whether using these types of products will dye the lace. Do I have to be careful not to get any on the lace or can I just massage the stuff in and not worry about that?

Thanks again for the info.
01-04-2009, 01:16 PM,
hairypalm Wrote:One question that occurred to me after I posted this, is whether using these types of products will dye the lace. Do I have to be careful not to get any on the lace or can I just massage the stuff in and not worry about that?

Yes, ADF can color your lace. You have to be careful.