Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
handling a certain social situation
01-05-2009, 09:31 AM,
Re: handling a certain social situation
dino Wrote:. I also think that the first line of defense before misleading others who ask invasive questions in general is to say something to deflect the question like, "didn't you ever learn that it's not nice to ask invasive personal questions in a social gathering?"

That line would bust you on the spot........Laughing it off and saying "yeah isn't technology great?" still leaves the question without misleading or schooling someone out of defense.
01-05-2009, 09:40 AM,
Re: handling a certain social situation
If anyone asks, just tell them you dye your hair. Is there a social stigma about men doing this these days? Probably not so much as wearing a wig still. I wear a full cap and dye it sometimes anyway (when ordering blonde) so I'd be telling the truth. No one would suspect you could dye a wig so it may add to the reality.

Sure the odd grey hair here or there built into the wig is no big deal and may look appropriate, but I wouldn't want to overdo it.

Being bald is worse than being grey, both make you look older, but personally given the choices that now exist I'd rather be neither. If anyone of my friends or acquaintances has a problem with that it's too bad.... get used to it.