Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My stylist doesn't know how to do a good cut in!
11-22-2008, 06:52 AM,
My stylist doesn't know how to do a good cut in!
Hi all, it has come to my conclusion that my stylist doesn't do a good cut in. I like my hair cut short like 1.5" all around. She just doesn't make it look right some how. Should i just go to a regular stylist and tell them that i'm wearing and see if they can cut it ?

Thanks
11-23-2008, 07:07 AM,
Re: My stylist doesn't know how to do a good cut in!
It sucks to pay a lot of money and then not be satisfied. Ill be honest with you. The best cut in I have gotten so far that I was the most satisfied with , was the one I did myself. And im no hair cutting expert at all. I just used a combo between a buzzer with guards, thinning sheers and a razor comb. alot of the stylists who cut in units are too cautious. I think they worry about ruining the wig and being responsible for it, so they always leave it too long i notice. I always used to have to cut more off when i got home and finish the job, even with the blending. I had to blend it better then they did.
12-01-2008, 07:33 AM,
My stylist works at a regular chain haircut place and does a great job for $17! Before I started at TopLace, I used to only use the same hair studio at the replacement business (that was awful). I thought that was the only way to get a hairpiece stylied. But as my stylist made clear to me now - as long as the piece is attached properly, there really isn't any difference to the stylist whether it is your hair or a piece.

You should have NO problem going to places like MasterCuts/GreatClips, etc. and having them do the full cut in. Just water up your hair and comb it back or wear a hat on the way there. You will be really happy with the results and will pay very little money. Hence, keeping the TopLace experience ultra cheap!
01-03-2009, 11:00 AM,
I have many years experience, in cut-ins, so if you live in the Fredericksburg, Virginia area, call me,,,,,,,540-786-8797, or email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> The cut-in is the most important aspect of the hair replacement experience.,,,,,Give me a call, ask for Linda
01-04-2009, 02:59 AM,
DownUnder2000 Wrote:I have many years experience, in cut-ins, so if you live in the Fredericksburg, Virginia area, call me,,,,,,,540-786-8797, or email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> The cut-in is the most important aspect of the hair replacement experience.,,,,,Give me a call, ask for Linda

I agree with Linda, You can have the best looking hairpiece ever made but if the cut in is not done correctly its worthless and a total waste of time.
01-04-2009, 03:05 PM,
Hi, I received my unit friday and it looked much better than the one I sent back. Everything is perfect. The density (70%) the color ect. I too have been looking all over for a good stylist. Always had the cut-in done at the "club", so I never had to worry. 6 months ago I ordered from HD and there unit was already cut-in. It was a good unit but a little heavy.
I called one hair salon and they said yes, they'd cut the hair. So I went and drove by the place before my appt. and they had wigs on display all over the windows in front of the business. I mean all over the place. It looked kind of creepy so I drove by it a few times. I stopped in a parking lot and decided I couldn't do it. It was too wierd looking for me. So I decided to go to another place that I knew of. Choice #2. They said come back tommorw at 2:30. the next day I waited in the waiting area with 7 other people, all women. The place was packed with women. I get called and sit in the chair and he tells me he "wears" first off so I'm more at ease. He begins to trim my sides with no sprayed water in it. I'm thinking, I just cut my sides with the robocutter. My unit is attatched of course (two days uncut). He starts cuttin more of the sides. I tell him I don't need the sides cut because I do that myself with a robocutter. He says "ok", I'm done with the sides anyway. Right now I'm getting real worried, maybe this guy doesn't know what he's doing. I start sweating bullets and my heart starts beating quicker. I tell the stylist I need the unit cut, the hair on top. With a strange look, he says it already looks great and didn't know it needed to be cut. Now I'm Freakin....Is this guy smokin Crack or what???? I said I just put this on, it just came in the mail. The stylist gives me a strange look and says "ok". He says, do you want it like when you came in but shorter. I said "Yes". Maybe this stylist is getting a clue now. Start with two inches on top please. I ask him if he knows how to texture, taper and thin the unit. I ask very carefully so I don't insult him. He says yep, and begins cuttin away. I am scared out of my mind for the next few minutes. The stylist gets done and it looks pretty good. He then wets it and blow dries the unit and I look like a I've seen a ghost because my new hair is sticking up everywhere. I'm still sweatin bullets thinking what have I gotten myself into. The stylist says were all done. I pay the $37.00 and rush to my car. I Brought the spray bottle and brush just in case this would happen. Fixed it up in the car. I have to say it is the best cut I have ever gotten. The guy did a great job. I don't know if I got lucky or what. His Salon is always packed with customers so maybe he is really good and I was freaking out a little because he is new at cutting my hair. It's fantastic!! The unit I received is 1000X better than any HCM unit I ever had and is better than the Hd system I'm replacing. the TL unit Knots need to be bleached, or bleached better I think. All in all, great job John on the customer service! It's true the stylist makes the system but you also have to have the spec's correct to begin with. TL is # 1 so far in my opinion.
:
01-05-2009, 09:38 AM,
Xeon005 Wrote:It sucks to pay a lot of money and then not be satisfied. Ill be honest with you. The best cut in I have gotten so far that I was the most satisfied with , was the one I did myself. And im no hair cutting expert at all. I just used a combo between a buzzer with guards, thinning sheers and a razor comb. alot of the stylists who cut in units are too cautious. I think they worry about ruining the wig and being responsible for it, so they always leave it too long i notice. I always used to have to cut more off when i got home and finish the job, even with the blending. I had to blend it better then they did.

Ditto/ Do it yourself and make it look like you are between haircuts and not like you just came from the stylist everyday. I tease my riding buddies who won;t ride if there is a cloud in the sky fearing rain and a long time detailing when they get home. Theur bikes always look like they are making their first ride home from the dealer.

Mine looks like I actually ride it. My hair looks like I am on my way to the barber at some point soon. These little imperfections lend to the reality and make one appear far less vain and "mirror lovers" as well.