Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Same as Waxworks but 1/4th the price.
11-23-2008, 11:31 AM,
Same as Waxworks but 1/4th the price.
I tried the generic waxworks brand again, and i have to say, thus far, its pretty much the same thing as waxworks. I got it at sally beauty. The first time i got it, i remember it was more clear, now its more milky like the regular waxworks, I cant really tell the difference, has the same feel, shine etc. its just a fraction of the price. I think i got it for 5.99 as opposed to over 20 dollars. I say give this generic one a shot, ill be using this from now on. works just as good for me.

regards
11-24-2008, 02:52 AM,
Re: Same as Waxworks but 1/4th the price.
That's cool, Xeon. Does the bottle use the word Waxworks on it---so I know I'm getting the right product?
11-24-2008, 06:01 AM,
Yea, when I tried the generic stuff it was almost clear and didn't work well at all. Maybe they had a bad batch??

All of you guys who like to use product but are worried about it drying the hair, if you don't have any of the Blue Max Serum email me and I will send you a sample.

Use a drop of it with a wax or gel that normally dries your hair and it will give it the moisture retaining properties that Waxworks has. I use it with a cheap Fructis wax that I like that normally dries the hair and it works like a charm.

I'm telling you, if you are a product user you HAVE to try this.
11-24-2008, 06:23 AM,
Yeah its not really as watery this time. It seems like they changed the formula. I mean the texture isnt EXACTLY the same. Its still a little different, Its probably a little thicker then wax works. But once u rub it in ur hands and apply it, it looks and feels pretty much the same to me. It actually has a slightly better smell then waxworks too.
11-25-2008, 02:58 AM,
Question: My stylist wanted to shoot me
for using this stuff on my piece ....

I bought both the original for 20 bucks
and the Sally generic for 5 bucks ...

What's your Cleanup regimen with this
stuff ??? The Buildup ??? Residue ??
11-25-2008, 04:24 AM,
Hi

Could someone please tell me if the offical "Wax Works" product is by Paul Mitchell? I have seen various Wax Works items on the net but havent been too sure which one is meant to be the offical one.

Thanks for the help.
11-25-2008, 06:49 AM,
The official brand is by paul mitchell, called waxworks. I have tried both, that and the generic, The generic to me is just as good. they both got the same ingredients in them. On the back of the bottle there a side by side display of the ingredients. Now perhaps the proportions of ingredients are 100 percent, but they really dont have to be. once u put it in the hair, its pretty much the same crap to me.
11-25-2008, 09:24 AM,
thecount Wrote:Question: My stylist wanted to shoot me
for using this stuff on my piece ....

I bought both the original for 20 bucks
and the Sally generic for 5 bucks ...

What's your Cleanup regimen with this
stuff ??? The Buildup ??? Residue ??

Count- next time ask her WHY she wanted to shoot you, I want to know.

Now I'm no chemist myself but I have done quite a bit of research on ingredients that can harm the hair, and there was nothing that stood out to me in the ingredients list.

You will even hear that "parabens" are bad for the hair, but that's overblown.

As far as cleanup...no prob. Buildup? I haven't had problems with any of the styling products I use building up on the hair.
11-25-2008, 09:27 AM,
Xeon005 Wrote:The official brand is by paul mitchell, called waxworks. I have tried both, that and the generic, The generic to me is just as good. they both got the same ingredients in them. On the back of the bottle there a side by side display of the ingredients. Now perhaps the proportions of ingredients are 100 percent, but they really dont have to be. once u put it in the hair, its pretty much the same crap to me.

Yea, what they do is called "reverse engineering" where they take the ingredients list and try to figure out the correct proportions. In the end it might have the same ingredients but unless they stole the actual formula it's just a guess as to whether they have the right amount of each. I have a feeling they must have "re-engineered" it because when I tried the generic awhile back it wasn't even close to the real stuff. Snipe is the original hardcore waxworks man and he said the same thing. I took mine back to Sally's.
11-25-2008, 09:33 AM,
To add to JRob's comments - do get some Blue Max... revistilised my old system and can only do wonders for new ones.

Sometimes I just damp dry my hair, put some Blue Max and I'm good to go... add a little wax/whatever to add texture to the ends...