Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gunk and lack of hold along hair line
11-23-2008, 01:59 PM,
Gunk and lack of hold along hair line
Hi Guys

This might be way off and I may need to get over it and just swap out the attachment but....

Within 4 days of attachment I am getting gluey grey/white residue at the hair line but nowhere else. The attachment everywhere else is still spot on, just at the hairline where its going very quickly.

I've always had average attachment times. I am an English electrician, living in Australia in the summertime. I've been through every glue and tape and settled on ST30 the whole way around.

I clean the unit well and I've been wearing for a few years now with no real issue, i just cant wear up when the gunk starts and the hair is too long to push down.

Anyway just seeing if anyone has any helpfuls in this area.

Thanks alot!

ML
11-23-2008, 03:02 PM,
Re: Gunk and lack of hold along hair line
perhaps you could just lift the front (leave the sides and back attached since it is holding well) and clean the very front, reapply new glue and be good for another few days. Many people re-do the front only every 4 days, that is not uncommon.
The front gets that greyish color because dirt is sticking into the glue and building up...you could try using a thinner coat of glue but you may be right....4 days may just be the time that it takes for YOUR body chemistry to break down the hold.
I wish I had some magic words to help you out and make your front attachment last longer, but sometimes it is just a matter of works for YOU.
DebbieS.
11-24-2008, 06:37 AM,
what you can try is, use a thinner coat of glue, and then buy got2bglued freeze hair spray. after you apply your unit to the glue, let the glue set in and dry all that, then spray the got2bglued into a small plastic cup or something, use a q-tip and soak it into the liquid. Then go around your front hairline perimeter and blot it with the hairspray from the q tip. this will dry and create a sort of seal. Ull notice after the got2b drys, the front will no longer be tacky, so it wont absorb as much dirt and grime etc. give it a shot.
11-26-2008, 11:04 AM,
Thanks Deb and X

I'm really not too sure how to clean with half the piece still attached. In reality my egg head shape means the front of my piece is very wide. Perhaps I should just run a few systems at once and clean them all at the one time.

I love wearing and I'm not going the moan but this is the only real drawback from me. I'm nowhere near physically active as I used to be because I will think "I am seeing the woman today so I wont gym because by the arvo the front will shine up a lot.

If I can swap out in in 10-15 mins flat every 4 days or so that's got to be a go.

I'm running ST30 the whole way round including the front (sometimes so will the got2bglued still apply? I'll give it a go anyway.

Out of interest does the got2bglued affect shine on the glue/tape? Good or bad?
11-26-2008, 06:59 PM,
I never tried it with tape, but it should still work fine. The whole point of it is to create a coating that drys non tacky. The shine shouldnt be an issue really. especially on st30. It might even help to reduce the shine of the tape. Its worth a shot. I mean it has worked for me, but everyone is different.